Proposed Ohio law change

87LC2

HB191 has passed the Ohio House and been introduced to the Senate. It is also known as the "Monica Durban Law" and raises penalties for street racing.

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/a...0191-i-128.htm

I do not condone street racing but certain aspects and wording of the bill leave too much open to interpretation, i.e. if you take your car out by yourself and 'test' it on public street, you will be arrested, lose your license and your car will be seized. There are also provisions for "licensing" the sale of nitrous oxide and making use of NOS on a public street an arrestable offense. AND one can also be criminally charged under these statutes if one is aiding in a street race and for merely being at a street race.

In Ohio there are already laws governing street racing, reckless operation, disorderly conduct, etcetera. If the judicial system enforces the rules in place, many of the problems could be avoided.

Here is a link to a petition.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/aut...ica-durban-law

I would also urge you to contact your state senators to express your feelings and let your friends know about this.

Thanks

Looks like you'll have to do all your street racing on 4 lane highways outside of Dublin, IN lol.

That bill screws over the nitrous users. Someone wrote that bill after watching all 4 fast and furious movies.

Stupid bill

It screws EVERYONE. If you got caught "testing" something on your car, by yourself in the middle of nowhere, you're done. If the police think you accelerated too quickly from a light, you're done. There is too much room for interpretation the way the law is written. All the judicial system needs to do is prosecute and sentence people with the laws already on the books. There will always be street racers and there will always be stupid people and you can't legislate that.

BTW Dublin HOOKS! And that flagman has a giant cranium. I thought I was gonna have to drive around him.

Someone wrote that bill after watching all 4 fast and furious movies.
Pretty much:rolleyes: Looks like hidden NoS will be standard now on guys cars. That should be pretty easy tho as most cops are clueless as to what NoS even does, nevermind where to look for it.