UPDATE - Oct 10th Track Gathering

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
I wanted to touch base with everyone to confirm the Oct 10th date for the GM Turbo 6 Group and the Carolina’s Chapter Buick Club gathering at Mooresville Dragway. There are several plans in the works to host some heads up racing for Buick powered cars provided there is enough interest.

Here is one of the thoughts, my plan is to let this run several days for gathering feedback from the Group before landing on anything. I know we will never be able to please everyone but figure these rules are broad enough to cover anyone that wanted to race.

1.“King of the Street”
Only Rules are:
•Car must currently be Street Legal (Which means you have to show proof of an in date Registration, In date license plate & active insurance to operate on a Public Highway)
•Car must be Buick Powered - V6 or V8
•Car can run any street legal tire of choice, Drag Radials are fine, Except NO Cheater Slicks.

This will be Heads Up Style Racing, you may run against a V6, and then again you may be pair up with one of the GS V8 Guys. It should be interesting!!!;)

2.Out Law Racing or an Index Style Racing
•Run what you Brung no Rules

If there is enough interest from the SY/TY Group we could maybe pull off something for you guys/gals as well. Regardless this is a Test & Tune day and we want you to attend also, as we enjoy seeing your trucks run as much as you do.

Bottom line is, we are having a Gathering not a Track Rental, so we are limited to what we can and can not do and I really want to Thank Jody from the Track for offering us the opportunity to have the Gathering. It will be a Great Day to catch up with Old Friends, Make New Ones and Have Great Buick Fellowship to share our interest. I’m sure there will be good support from the GS Club as Showers & Shiners so even if you have no plans to race, bring your car just to Show and enjoy it.

Bonus; Several of us have touched base with some of the Vendors asking for sponsorship in the form of Donations for prizes to be giving away that day for anyone attending the Club Gathering. Stay Tuned More to Come.

Feedback Welcomed…………..

Actually an index race wouldnt be a bad idea. For those going to reynolds in Nov. and Piedmont in March it would be a good practice. Maybe a 7.49 class so that you wont have someone having the field covered. If that was the case then Sully or Thompson would come down and then be no contest. I like it!! I hope to have car done and I would defiantely run the index, heads-up class

Updates…

I’m happy to announce that KNperformance Head Porting Services will be one of the sponsors for our Oct Gathering. Khai is donating one free intake porting services, valued at $200 to be giving away. Someone is going to be extremely happy. :biggrin: KNPerformance produces some of the best flowing heads and intakes in the business. More details to come.....

There is also other Vendor Sponsorship in the works…. BWR, TMF and others. I’ll be updating as the commitments come in...

I just purchased a set of heads, intake and plenum from Khai (KN Performance) and they look great.

I’m very excited to say that CARRTUNZ, Owner Gary Kokotis will be helping us sponsor the event.
He has graciously offered a new Pioneer Stereo am/fm/cd/mp3 with ipod plug with all the adaptors and dash kit to install & a set Dash Speakers.

Gary is hoping to make the event as well and if he does he has offered to install the stereo in a TR that weekend if requested by the winner!

Either Car showing owner or Racing Car Owner eligible to win

In the event Gary cannot make it, the install is really straight forward or if a GS Owner is the winner you maybe taking the prize(s) home in hand.

Thanks for helping with the Fall Gathering Gary!

Btw...Nice work to the new mod for making this a sticky