Proportioning Valve

Swt_86

I have just replaced the Powermaster with a "lifetime guarantee" Cardone unit. When I opened the box and read the flyer sent with the unit, it stated that the proportioning valve must be replaced with a brass unit or the warranty will be void. Well, of course, mine has the iron valve so I have been looking for a brass one. Even though GBody Parts lists one, when I ordered it, I got an e-mail stating they didn't have any and it was discontinued. Does anyone know where I can find the replacement proportioning valve? Thanks.

Can't seem to find the correct prop valve on e-bay. All I can find there is the disc/disc valve but I did find this: Product Info at inlinetube.com and it looks like it will be the answer.

It's a real drag how so many parts are becoming discontinued

Yes it does!

That ebay proportioning valve is for disk rear brakes ... it probably applies too much pressure for OEM drum brakes, risking lockup in a hard stop or in rain.

Actually, the first time I looked, that is all I could find too but I did another search and found the disc/drum valve. You are right, a disc/disc valve would not work very well. From what I can tell, the drum system needs to maintain about 10 lbs of pressure - the disc system two lbs. Also the disc system operates under a short delay when installed disc/drum configuration to balance the braking systems.

That ebay proportioning valve is for disk rear brakes ... it probably applies too much pressure for OEM drum brakes, risking lockup in a hard stop or in rain.
its for disc/drum and the disc applies 2 psi not 10 like the drum

from fat rodders on ebay 45 dollars

this is the same one i got, i tried to post your members id but forgot your screen name, i also bought the master cylinder with bigger bores that you recommended me and that worked flawlessly, i was able to hold 10lbs of boost on vacume brakes:eek:

Can the master cylinder be purchased separately from the rest of the powermaster unit? If so where can I get one and how much will it cost?

this is the same one i got, i tried to post your members id but forgot your screen name, i also bought the master cylinder with bigger bores that you recommended me and that worked flawlessly, i was able to hold 10lbs of boost on vacume brakes:eek:
AWESOME GLAD IT WORKED OUT. I AM LAUNCHING AT 12 PSI :biggrin: :eek:

Don't postonbuick.com and kirbanperformance.com still have them? I bought one from poston a couple months ago. Works wonderfully!

Hydroboost Conversion

Power Brake Service Carries All Of The Proportiining Valves, New, We Can Rebuild The Powermasters, And Recently Acquired Some New Electric Motor Pumps. We Still Recommend The Hydroboost, As It Is Very Powerful, And Reliable. The H/b's We Use Are All New. We Do Have Rebuilts If You Really Want To Save Money. The Hydroboost Has Enough Power And Pressure To Expand The Caliper, If You Need It.