Propane Refill

1badTTA

Resident Smart A$$
Two 5 gallon Propane tanks for the BBQ's: $13.90

One 1 gallon Propane tank for the TTA: $1.39

The look on the attendants face when I hook the tank back up the TTA: Priceless

I know this should have been posted in the lounge, but I thought it had a place here.

Mods, feel free to move it.

My tank is set to come on around 10 psi, with the 41 (i think) jet (its a hotair.. i think the intake is too restrictive to use anything bigger..)

anyway... lasts around 3 weeks or so with me driving :-D

under 3 dollars to get it filled. i also had the pleasure of explaining how the propane works to the u haul guy when i backed up to the propane cage and hit the remote trunk release.. all he saw was the tank and the gauges.. his jaw hit the floor. it was great! every time i go up there its the same thing all over again..

Actually it only took .7 gallons and the pressure was at 125-130psi. I filled it up just to be safe. I have put around 700 miles on it since I had it filled originally. Haven't been to the track but heard the solenoid plenty of times on the street.

1badTTA

I live in Phoenix and was wondering if you had any issues leaving the tank in your trunk during the summer? Very seriously considering going over to propane just to try something new.

Thanks

Official statement - You should always remove the tank from the car when not in use.

Unofficial, unendorsed statement - Guys here in Tx have left the bottle in all summer through 100+ days and had no problems.

As JayC already said, it could potentially be a problem but in my mind it isn't something I would lose sleep over. There is a hose attached to the valve that will vent any gas that would be released outside of the car. I have looked at the pressures after the car was sitting in the sun on one of our nice hot 100+ days and the pressure was only at 180-190psi as opposed to 150-160 with car in the garage.

Also since mine is a TTA it is white and will probably stay a little cooler than a GN but that is kind of a moot point.