Problems with lock up

qwknuf6 jr

100% street car
This problem has troubled me for years , The T/C will not lock up at WOT. It locks up fine under Part throttle , Have tried different T/C's (7 disk T/C)and does not seem to make a difference . Have changed TCC solinoid with new gm TCC solinoids and no diifference , as I said ,The T/C locks up fine in all conditions xcept WOT. Talked to one Tranny man that said cross leaks in the pump can cause the T/C not to lock up at WOT.What can be done to correct the cross leaks in the pump?

PCM strategy won't let the converter

lock at WOT. You'll either need to make a jumper switch to lock the converter or maybe have a chip burned for it.

Yes

The chip does call for Lock up at WOT , have tried switch also . It all works good until i go to WOT<then the T/C will not Lock up

Is the ck ball still in the snout of the

input shaft? I'm thinking with the power you have you may not be feeling the lock up. Do you have direct scan, or turbolink?

This could be a tough one.

So many possibilities exsist without knowing what exactly has been done to the trans. Here are a few things that i can think of. A cross leak in the pump could cause this, a bore to valve clearance issue with the 2nd land of the converter valve {causing converter feed press to leak over into the release side of the converter}. It's possible that the stator bushing could be wore out. These are just a few possibilities, i'm not sure if this helps. It's just a few things i think about.