Problem with FAST XFI.

This is the link for the Delphi 85# injectors:

As someone else stated, you may want to make sure your injector filter screens are not full of junk. You can remove them and while holding them upside down gently tap them on a white cloth / paper towel to see if any debris comes out. You may be able to view them with some good light as well.

Hey guys; The injectors are 85s (checked numbers).
The screens are clear, the fuel filter is clear.
The fuel pumps ALOT of fuel, checked with line from rail to can.
Heres something strange, in openlop , its still 100% dutycycle ??

I'm thinking it has to be a problem with software ???

Hey guys; The injectors are 85s (checked numbers).
The screens are clear, the fuel filter is clear.
The fuel pumps ALOT of fuel, checked with line from rail to can.

Just for curiosity sake,go online with your ECU and got to display ecu configuration and let me know what the firmware is.
then go to the help bar ,go to about and let me know what version your software is

What are your VE numbers? If they are huge, it could still be at 100% at WOT. What are your pulsewidths at full boost?

I did't have a chance to check filmware or software, however last time i talked with FAST (a week ago), they said it was the latest one.

At full boost (19.5 psi) it reads 14.0 pw VE tables are 85-105

I talked with a guy running XFI in his Typhoon, he said that there seams to be a software issue with pw on V6 setups. He said his runs 100% dutycycle at 24 pw without running lean ? mmm, ifs that the case than mine at 14 pw seams that i have some margin of safety ? Still it should not show 100% dutycycle.

I did't have a chance to check filmware or software, however last time i talked with FAST (a week ago), they said it was the latest one.

there could be a firmware/software mismatch.
You need to see what firmware your xfi has

Pm sent. I am very curious what this problem is going to end up being, should be interesting.....
I was running 6000 rpm in 3rd gear 11.2 afr and I never saw my 75's go over 74% dc, with the VE table in the 76 range. This is with a single 340 pump.

Me too is your tps reading 4.92 at 100% does your tps volt reading match the xfi just a thought s your injector opening time in ms, 1.0 or 0.9 or 0.8 thats on the operation cubic inch table just trying to help this may not Cal and all the tuners on here are very helpfull good luck bud.

I'm pretty sure he is using a Casper adaptor harness. If so, they have a new injector harness built into them since the Sy/Ty's were wired batch fire from the factory.

I just put XFI on my wife's Typhoon with 65lb/hr injectors... I went for a data log pass down the street and it read 100%DC in boost.
I ran the numbers in my head knowing that 65's are WAY more injector than I need at 15lbs of boost even though the DC said 100%
I gave Dave Henninger a call and he said with BATCH fire (Like our Sy/Ty's) it is a glitch in the system that will make the XFI read 100%.
If your Correction is in check Ignore the DC.
Hope that helps,
Scott~

Thanks UR50SLO, that does help. I wish FAST would have told there customers before i spend $1500 on bigger injectors, fuel system, and ALOT of pain in the ass trying to fix this myself !!!

Thanks UR50SLO, that does help. I wish FAST would have told there customers before i spend $1500 on bigger injectors, fuel system, and ALOT of pain in the ass trying to fix this myself !!!

To be honest... there are few people that put on aftermarket ECM's on our Sy/Ty's.

Most run Code 59. Which I used the last few years. I like that system but really wanted

to run a FAST so I can set it up and it's not as "Moody" as the stock one with our mods.

I really do want to get it in sequential mode this next year. I think I have the air flow to

the lower plenum even. I installed a forward facing throttle body on the stock Plenum.

Took a little work but I Think it'll pay off.

Sorry I didn't chime in earlier but I thought this was a buick thread Lol....

Otto... I'm checking into that Dual Sync dist. to see if it's got the right setup inside.
Thanks!
Scott~

I decited to stay with bank to bank. I turned off inj duty warning. Its sad that FAST let so many people go crazy trying to "fix bank to bank false inj duty cycle warning !!!

When I hit 100%DC with part throttle I was sure like WTF!!!!! Lol...

I asked Dave Henninger about it.. he said it should work fine for sequential. But I'll have to confirm this by doing it.. fun fun.. But that's after I get done painting the damn thing now. Always something with the Sy/Ty's!
~Scott