Problem @ specific RPM, now changing...

GN138

Ok, so I had some issues last week: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187896

Short story of what is happening now:

1.) Car cuts out @ 1800 rpm (runs perfect before and after, in boost or not)

2.) Last night mixed 2 gallons Xylene with 6 gallons 91 oct pump gas and 1.5oz trans fluid. Hoping to clean fuel system and engine internals.

3.) On the way TO work today, the car cut out anytime it hits 1800rpm.

4.) On the way HOME from work just now the car cuts out @ 2000rpm.

QUESTION: Does this sound like it could be an injector that is clogged? A buddy at work has a supercharged 383 Vette. He had the same issues that I have (car cuts out at certain RPM; odd smell almost like cat conv smell when it's cutting out). He took his car to a mechanic that smelled the exhaust and said "It's an injector". They cleaned the injectors (without taking them out) and the RPM at which the car cut out changed, just like mine. He ended up changing injectors and I am planning to go to 60's anyway. I currently have Bluetops.

Any thoughts on the changing of RPM that the cut out happens?

BUMP...

So, I've replaced the ignition module, coil pack, spark plugs, wires, O2 sensor and it's still doing it.

The RPMs change day to day...sometimes it bucks at 2000, somtimes 3000. Very odd!

Has anyone ever had an injector issue like this?

Check crank sensor for hitting,dead spot in TPS?,chip not seated,bad MAF,and loose pins at ecm connection.Make sure the wires are all seated at ecm connections.

FYI, replaced the cam sensor and it fixed this issue (just updating my threads so anyone searching for cam sensor issues can forgo all the ignition parts bought )