Pristine 1986 Mustang SVO

Good looking Ford Dan. Just thought I'd add in that the original gray color was probably changed due to paint issues on those model years. (Kinda like the factory GN paint). My parents had an 85 Fila edition t-bird and my grandma had an 86 f150, both in that gray color and within a very short time frame they oxidized to hell. There was a recall on the 86 models but not the 85s, so my grandma got her farm truck repainted by ford but we were SOL on the tbird. Might help the sale I hope, being that someone probably just didn't paint it red for the hell of it.

The originating dealer principal owned the car. I was told that "he thought the car would look better Porsche red". Either way, the Ferd dealer repainted the car:biggrin:

his friend bought the car and kept it in his garage until I stumbled on it. He said he drove it for about an hour every two weeks and did oil/filter services regardless.

The originating dealer principal owned the car. I was told that "he thought the car would look better Porsche red". Either way, the Ferd dealer repainted the car:biggrin:

his friend bought the car and kept it in his garage until I stumbled on it. He said he drove it for about an hour every two weeks and did oil/filter services regardless.

Ok, so much for my theory. Probably a good decision or the original gray would have gone to crap pretty quickly.

Ok, so much for my theory. Probably a good decision or the original gray would have gone to crap pretty quickly.

Nah Russ, your theory probably stands. Dealer trying to save face on a next to brand new car.

I remember the two-tone F150's. The white would last forever but whatever color was chosen at the #2 tone went to hell fast.

Iv'e had several SVO'S and been off and on that site(SVOCA) for years. Great little cars and a knowledgeable group of guys but they are purists without much $$$$ in general from what I've seen/read.

I think the charcoal bi wing and trim would look great with the red, it may look too nice to sell!

Ty, if you wouldn't mind adding the pic from my other post to Dan's thread I'd appreciate it.:smile:

Here ya go Charlie:biggrin:and Dan!

87968d1259531899-look-what-im-getting-rid-dscn0001.jpg

BUMP FOR A NEW YEARS SALE!!!

Dropped to $7K

go it all tuned up, runs like a raped giraffe. Just sittin' in the garage.

Still looking for a nice TR, preferably a white T.

BUMP FOR A NEW YEARS SALE!!!

Dropped to $7K

go it all tuned up, runs like a raped giraffe. Just sittin' in the garage.

Still looking for a nice TR, preferably a white T.
How the hell do u rape a Giraffe. didn't u mean Ape.....:p

Here's another bump for you Dan. Someone please buy this pristene example of early SFI technology.

You still have this turd? :p Sold my sons Jeep, this would make a 14 year old a good daily beater :biggrin: