Pretty sick DR wheelie from Orlando last year...

ouch! Kinda funny though, doesn't look like the wheels came up until after the car spooled all the way, like 15ft out. :eek:

DCVING 6 said:
ouch! Kinda funny though, doesn't look like the wheels came up until after the car spooled all the way, like 15ft out. :eek:

Yep last year during qualifying I noticed some of the faster turbo DR cars would pick up the front wheels a bit (not a lot like in this vid) about 15-20ft out and carry them past the 1/8th (a few seemed to carry them till about the 1000' mark)... No joke! :eek: Wish I had some video of that (I remember the one car was a white mustang coupe with blue stripes)... The biggest thing with racing a turbo DR car (that in some cases is making near 2000hp) is obviously boost control and being able to bring in the boost progressively without blowing away the tires... Not an easy task (takes a lot of trial and error) but at least it does make for some exciting racing!!! :biggrin: :cool:

86brick said:
Yep last year during qualifying I noticed some of the faster turbo DR cars would pick up the front wheels a bit (not a lot like in this vid) about 15-20ft out and carry them past the 1/8th (a few seemed to carry them till about the 1000' mark)... No joke! :eek: Wish I had some video of that (I remember the one car was a white mustang coupe with blue stripes)... The biggest thing with racing a turbo DR car (that in some cases is making near 2000hp) is obviously boost control and being able to bring in the boost progressively without blowing away the tires... Not an easy task (takes a lot of trial and error) but at least it does make for some exciting racing!!! :biggrin: :cool:

A friend of mine has a low 8 sec turbo cobra that has issues with steering at the 1000' mark if the wind blows a little.. On video the tires are constantly on and off the ground all the way down the track.

V6RACER said:
A friend of mine has a low 8 sec turbo cobra that has issues with steering at the 1000' mark if the wind blows a little.. On video the tires are constantly on and off the ground all the way down the track.

That must make for an interesting ride! You gotta have some big brass ones to stay in it while the tires are on and off the ground constantly while going 150+mph :eek: