Pressures ?

1986TR

"EVIL RGL"
looking for input from some of the more experienced trans guys ..... Iam getting 250 @ wot on 3rd when trans is fairly cold after several wot runs pressures drop to 210 @wot on 3rd gear.....is this still ok .... Rebuilt using CK full billet kit ....any and all input is greatly appreciated

....any and all input is greatly appreciated

I think you are OK on the line pressure. 210 is still decent, although I'd keep an eye on the fluid temperature. WOT runs dump a lot of heat into the transmission.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thank you for your input.... I keep reading guys have diferent pressures they like to see.... Come on guys all input is welcomed !!!

Kind of depends which boost valve you are using as to what pressures you are getting. I think you are fine with what you have.

I like to see 275psi hot and rising very fast. I like to see .001" rotor to cover clearance. I'd let .0015". It's also possible the regulator is compromised due to wear in the bore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using ck .555 boost valve and recalibration kit ... Will changing regulator spring help raise pressures?

looking for input from some of the more experienced trans guys ..... Iam getting 250 @ wot on 3rd when trans is fairly cold after several wot runs pressures drop to 210 @wot on 3rd gear.....is this still ok .... Rebuilt using CK full billet kit ....any and all input is greatly appreciated
What is your pressure at minimum T.V.?

Min tv @ 1000 rpm is 65 psi. Max @1000 rpm is 250 .....

We keep burning the direct drum and band ...... At first we drilled the .060 hole that is recommended on the ck manual ...... The second time we went without drilling the direct and we still burnt the band and direct clutches ....... On a stock direct drum that has 100k miles with a stock size band is it mandatory to have the drum turned in order to have a perfectly flat surface for the wide band??? We just sanded it down with emery cloth and now that I think about it the drum has burnt marks on the two outer surfaces and the center looks ok

The drum needs to be perfectly flat across the whole band area. Even the slightest dip from wear is no good.

RemoveBeforeFlight