Press Switch For Pump Output

PaulRV6

I am looking for an inexpensive press switch to install on the output of the alchy pump to trigger the pump on lite. Anyone know of one? Thank you.

paul

Just splice the power wire for the bulb to the wire that powers the pump. When the pump activates, the bulb goes on.

Yea John, that is one way of doing it but it still does not confirm the pump is pumping, only that the pump is getting power.
I was going to do it that way since it is easier and cheaper but thought the other way is sure proof.

paul

I've been thinking the same thing. Wanted to check for pressure after the solenoid valves but havn't found suitable switches. Only thing is you could have a clogged nozzle and still wouldn't know anything's wrong until it's too late. Right now I have LEDs to indicate power to the solenoids but that doesn't tell me if they're actually working.

Maybe a breathalizer for the up-pipe? ;)

Probably need a good stainless type hobbs switch or pressure sensor after the pump T'd in line with the nozzle feed(s).

Alky. is corrosive to cheap reed switch assemblies and stainless industrial ones are probably the only thing that will hold up long term.

That said anyone try or find a Hobbs type switch rated for 50 psi. or so with burst pressure of 200 or so? :D

This is just overkill. It's not necessary. If for some reason you're not spraying, you'll see knock on your scanmaster. When driving normally, you'll get into lower amounts of boost and you'll show some knock. Then you'll know to check your system for proper function. The only time this has happened to me is when I left my master switch off for some reason.....it's always ON, of course. I noticed 8 or 9* of knock and checked for a problem. No harm done. ;)

I run a separate electric pressure guage in my car.

For me it helps minute pressure adjustmnts for fine tuning. If a nozzle were to clog, it would go through the roof pressure wise..

The trick was getting a methanol compatible pressure sender... ;)

Ditto on the scantool monitoring as the first line always.

Keep in mind, that pressure is not a gaurantee that the alky is spraying. If you have a clogged nozzle, you can have plenty of pressure, and little or no spray... You would need a flow switch to verify that the alky is actually moving... In conjunction with a pressure switch to verify adequate delivery...

That said, I would just wire off of the pump power!!!

Thanks guys, after reading all your responses I decided to just use the power wire off the pump to trigger the pump on lite. This sounds like it is as close to 100% as I will need to get.
Thanks for convincing me to keep it simple (I tend to over do things).

paul :D