Prep car for dyno?

summit

Anything special I need to do to run the car on the dyno? Are slicks preferred over a set of radials? Manual valve body so no worries about downshifting. We are looking for numbers in the 800 range at the wheels. Local Buick club is renting the dyno for a day and club members get to dyno for free. Otherwise I would probably never dyno my car, but it would be nice to have that piece of paper to add to the track timeslips.

Greg Kring
Arlington, Texas

Most dynos i have been to would rather have have slicks than street tires unless your tire are rated for high speed, Typical radials are rated for low 110 moh and on the dyno especially if you are shooting for 800 hp i am sure you will be running it faster than that

Have you ever dynoed yours KLHAMMETT?

just curious on what a 140 mph GN puts to the ground.

DYNO TIPS . . .

Tire Pressure w/Slicks 20 psi

Gas - Race gas (C-16 if they have it)

Boost - what ever you can afford to turn it up too.

GOOD LUCK & let us know how you do.
:cool:

Originally posted by Grandnat
Have you ever dynoed yours KLHAMMETT?

just curious on what a 140 mph GN puts to the ground.
I only went once and my convertor was way to loose, so as soon as it came into boost it shot right to 6500.
THe dyno showed 624HP and 738Ft lbs of torque

774 horsepower and 620 torque at about 6800 and 23 PSI of boost. Graph was steady and still on the way up. Didn't want to push for bigger numbers by turning up the boost on the dyno. I have the timeslips which are more important. I am suprised the torque was not higher.

Greg Kring
Arlington, Texas
9.05@150
3640 race weight