Precision TA58 CEA, Experience

blacksheep6

I am thinking about buying the turbo and just wanted to see if there was anyone using it. I did a search and nothing come up. Seems like most are using the 6262.

I would use the 5858 on a stock motor.

If the motor has ported heads and a mild cam, the 6262.

I did find this, if it helps you any:
mackdaddy said:

Have a street driven car with regular bolt on's. TT chip, Reds Fuel pump, K&N, Pypes Catback just rebuilding the stock motor and changing the turbo. What is the major differences between old school TA-49 the new Precision 5857 and new for 2012 from precision is the TA-55. I plan on keeping stock converter and street driven car. Have a stock down pipe now was thinking of upgrading to a 3" down pipe but not sure which one. Can high 12's on radials be achieved?​
You didn't post fuel injectors, you should pick up a set of 60lbs units if you are still running the stock ones.
The 5857 isn't available anymore and it is superseded by the 5858.
The TA58 is a stock compressor housing version of the 5858 rated at 610.
The TA55 is has the same turbine but a smaller 55mm compressor rated at 560HP.
Either of this would give your car low 12 to high 11 second potential with the correct supporting modifications.
You should also consider the 5831 and 5931 MFS Budget Units.You didn't post fuel injectors, you should pick up a set of 60lbs units if you are still running the stock ones.

Thanks, I've already seen all these threads. I was looking for proven trap times and dyno charts.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Seems like the 6262 is the popular turbo. I just don't feel like rebuilding the transmission after a few months of running a 6262.

Seems like the 6262 is the popular turbo. I just don't feel like rebuilding the transmission after a few months of running a 6262.

I took out my trans with my TE44. You'll need a trans build if you want to go fast reliably.

Goals: mid 11's. Mainly a street car. Stock block, turbo upgrade. All supporting mods.

I have a 5831 and it will handle your goals easily and I have done a review on it so try searching for this if interested. In a nutshell I love it. It's not a stock appearing turbo tho..

ks

I have a 5831 and it will handle your goals easily and I have done a review on it so try searching for this if interested. In a nutshell I love it. It's not a stock appearing turbo tho..

ks

Looks like your having fun the the pte5831. Have you taken it to the track? Are you running a stock trans?

Looks like your having fun the the pte5831. Have you taken it to the track? Are you running a stock trans?

No track times with this turbo but it's making enough power to run very low 11's to high tens at the upper boost levels but as most people will say it takes all the right parts and perfect tune to run that 10 and I don't think my new torque converter is good enough to run a 10 even on a perfect day.

I burned up my stock tranny along time ago with the stock turbo and it was rebuilt extra strong back in 2006 with extra clutches, better pump, etc but with the power that the 5831 is making the 2-3 shift slips a lot so it won't last longer either. I really need a Stage II tranny but I don't have the money to get one yet.

At 26psi of boost I can light the tires up pretty easy at 50mph and at 30psi I can light them up at 60mph pretty easy.

ks

I have put a 5858 with a ported s cover on a car. I think it is a nice upgrade from stock on a bolt on car. Mid 11's... With good trans, converter, and a nice amount of boost!!