Precision PTE51 Turbo

toomanymodz

I am selling this for a friend. He upgraded to a 6266 and Champion irons. This is a Precision PTE51 with a 3 inch inlet and 2 inch outlet (E cover). This is a great turbo for those wanting to go low to mid 11's with a 2800 converter (I ran one of these many years ago).

It does have some shaft play. I'm not a turbo expert so I don't know how much movement is acceptable, so I will sell this with the understanding that a rebuild may be required. $375 shipped.
turbo_pte51 006.JPG

turbo_pte51 005.JPG

turbo_pte51 003.JPG

turbo_pte51 004.JPG

Please forgive me cause I dont know much about turbos , In what relation is this turbo to a ta49 ? I'm running the 49 now , Thanks for the info Keith

According to gnttype.org, the TA49 is rated at 545HP and the PT51 is rated at 585HP. The TA49 is stock-appearing with an inlet bell. I doubt you'll see a huge performance difference between the two.

Where are you located? There might be a another member who is local and can check if it needs a rebuild

I am an hour north of Tampa FL. Precision can rebuild it and some of our members including Bison can also. Not sure of the cost however. Again, it may not need a rebuild, I'm just assuming a worst-case scenario.

I'm very interested but not knowing for sure if it needs a rebuild or how much it would cost is holding me back

I can call Precision tomorrow and ask how much for new bushings and seal. I'll let you know what I find.

I spoke with Precision and she informed me that some shaft play is normal because it is not pressurized with oil. She asked if the blades touch the housing and they do not. She said it's fine then, and as long as it's not scraping, to go ahead and run it. I inquired about a price just in case and she said $180 to rebuild.

I was told it has about 5k miles or so.