precision intercooler question

shawnz

looking underneath the car i noticed daylight between the core and the scoop on the 90 degree .Is this normal , i thought the shroud was to direct airflow over the core .Should i seal up the gap and fill in the sides where the swaybarruns through thanks

That is normal. Most do not even install the side closure plates as they are a PITA and the performance difference is negligible.

I just ordered a stretch also. I was gonna ask if the scoop should be used or not. It's just a street car.
Shawnz, how did it fit with the scoop?

I just ordered a stretch also. I was gonna ask if the scoop should be used or not. It's just a street car.
Shawnz, how did it fit with the scoop?

hello; Was there any problem in the order for the PTE SLIC? And was it in stock?
IBBY

I ordered mine from G-body Parts.com Brian said he had 2 others on backorder because they were getting a new designed core and had to change a bracket. Hopefully it will be in at the end of next week.

I ordered mine from G-body Parts.com Brian said he had 2 others on backorder because they were getting a new designed core and had to change a bracket. Hopefully it will be in at the end of next week.

hello; I got one on BO but never got any reason for it to be. New designed core?
thanks
IBBY

I was told the same thing, new core. I just got my tracking number yesterday, was on bo for about a month.

Back to the posters question, do you use the stock scoop still on a street car or is it not worth it?

Ive had one on my car now for 3 years. To answer you all,
1.The gap is no big deal. It still getting plenty of air.
2.The side pieces around the sway bar are not needed and most of the time not used.
3.The scoop fits great, install the cooler from the top, and the scoop from underneath.
4.Yes I would use the scoop on race or street car.

A little hint, Ive seen a bunch of these with the inlet hose from the turbo twisted off center to fit because it doesnt line up on some. If you elongate the holes on the new mounting bracket that comes with the cooler, you will have way more adjustment. I would say make them about twice as long as they are now, all 4 holes. I did this, and mine dropped right in and adjusted up perfect. I get comments from others guys with them on how I got it straight. The factory bracket on the driverside bolts right up.

I will never make enough HP to need a different cooler, so I got the best one.

Thanks
:biggrin:

What kind of changes are they making to the core? Does any body know if these will clear the sc&c frame brace?

hmm good question, I never thought to ask it lol. I have the frame brace installed and am installing the intercooler when it gets here, guess Ill find out ;P

Thanks for the reply coach. I've seen people with and without the scoop's on. I had planned on putting it on but though if I didn't have to well.... :)

Brian at Gbodyparts said that percision started shipping the new cores on Friday. I paid for mine today. Can't wait to get it!

I got the new IC today. Yikes, it's quite heavy and very beefy, more so that I was thinking it would be. I have no idea if it's the new core or not. but since it was on back order, I'd imagine it is. I will be putting it on as soon as I get my new motor mounts on and all my new brake stuff. Thank god Canada post is back to work after the strike. FedEx and UPS were killing me lol

I got the new IC today. Yikes, it's quite heavy and very beefy, more so that I was thinking it would be. I have no idea if it's the new core or not. but since it was on back order, I'd imagine it is. I will be putting it on as soon as I get my new motor mounts on and all my new brake stuff. Thank god Canada post is back to work after the strike. FedEx and UPS were killing me lol

Can you please post some pictures.
I would like to see it unpacked and installed.

Thanks =)

Thanks Gov, that looks super nice.
Please update after the install.

Thanks again!

Instead of using sheet metal screws to attach the side plates, I just used Nashua tape. Easy on / easy off / easy adjustment if they cause any issues hitting the swaybar. I also put a couple of strips of the tape along the bottom of the shroud where it meets the core because I was getting some vibration noise at idle.

hello; Could you tell me the shipping cost for you? Just curious when you said it's quite heavy as I am inquiring about a ABS headliner and it was told to me it's like $80 to get one to me. It's got to be because it's oversized because it can't weigh much.
IBBY