powerstroke??

airwolf

Looking for opinions on this one! I was offered a powerstroke intercooler cheap, less than 100 bucks. I just had my motor rebuilt and the tranny is being refreshed as we speak. Put on a pt52, 009s, 3" DP. powerplate, Walbro 340, regulator and who knows what else. But my intercooler is stock. Would the powerstroke be worth the effort?? I've read a little about the install and it doesn't sound too easy. Is the return worth the investment of time?? Also does anyone here have any knowledge of bar and plate intercoolers? They're smaller than the powerstroke and are advertised as flowing better than 800cfm with a presure drop of .2 psi at 15 psi. Supposedly pressure tested to 80 psi. Any opinions???

It is a bit of work, but well worth the effort I think. I was on a budget, so spending big $$$ on a prefabbed unit was out of the question.
Stays ice cool on the street, no cooling issues.........

i did the install and all I had to cut with were hand and air tools, used a cutoff wheel mostly and it doesnt even look bad. It's not hard, just takes alot of time.