Powermaster quit!!

13xturbo

So my Powermaster brake system quit on me. I am wondering what the best brake conversion is for these cars. Mine is an 87' G.N. I race every week at the local track and would like something to hold it back at the line but not spend thousands of $ converting or in brake parts. Any advice would be helpful thanks!

You could go manual brakes. As long as you get the bore matched correctly with your brake system , manual brakes with a little more aggressive pad in the front could work. There are many options out there. Is racing your main purpose for this car?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

How does your HydroBoost setup work for holding the car back at the line for drag racing?
I bought my car new and I don't think the brakes ever worked as well as they do now. I replaced the original powermaster when it failed at about 30k miles with another powermaster. It went to a little over 120k. I haven't been to the track with it yet as I've been having trans issues but as soon as the trans is in it will definitely get a workout.
I want to upgrade the calipers and go to the larger big car rotors. One of these days. It is sporting the stock stuff now. But it will pull it down in panic stops like it never did before.

Is there any way you could post the picture of the parts list for the hydro boost setup. I tried opening it on the link you had and couldn't.

http://www.cedarcrestspeedlab.com/techarticles.html?col7=open#CollapsiblePanel7

These are the parts I ordered. I don't understand why my link to the local Buick site doesn't work. You might try this . It is on the second page in a thread called 86ing the powermaster in the regal section.
http://www.lspbcforums.net/lspbc.yaf/yaf_topics3_Turbo-Regals.aspx

I got the mc for the Cadillac as I thought it looked better than the big iron one on the 84 t-type I used to have.
IMAG1433.jpg

http://s444.photobucket.com/user/te...roBoost Brakes/527211-01HydroBooster.jpg.html
Pix in my photobucket.

My buddy has a nice power master for sale

Take tire tool from trunk then proceed to beat the shit out of it :eek: or just go vacuum.

I'd just freshen up the powermaster. All the necesary parts are available and the new aftermarket accumulators seem to last a long time.

Camper Dave has a nice one for sale

How does your HydroBoost setup work for holding the car back at the line for drag racing?

It will make NO difference which type of power brake assist you have on how well you can build and hold boost on the line? :confused:

Once the brake pedal is depressed, the factors to determine how much boost you can attain is dependent on many other items like tires, track surface, converter, turbo, tune, mechanical condition of shoes/pads and so on assuming no trans brake is involved.

The most reliable and trouble-free brake system is manual, and second is the many millions of proven vacuum systems used throughout the years.

Even a non-functioning PM will hold on the line if you can apply enough pressure with your leg as the independent mechanical side of the brake system is still working! :)