Powermaster maintenance question

incubus2432

Douchebag
I just replaced the fluid in my front/rear lines and have clean fluid in those reservoirs but my question is what about the fluid on the passenger side of the master cylinder? I looked for some sort of bleeder and searched whatever I could find on various forums but still don't have an answer. I know there is a hose that goes from that reservoir to the motor....should I just remove that and drain as much from the motor as possible and replace with fresh? Just looking for the best way. Thanks!

You need to 'cycle the accumulator'.

See my sign for proper procedures.

Beakdown...

1 - remove old fluid from bowl
2 - put in new fluid
3 - cycle acc
4 - if old fluid appears, replace with new fluid

Actually quite simple, but you have to do it right.

For the fluid on the pass side, about the best you can do is pump the brakes about 15 times with the key off. This will empty all of the fluid out of the accumulator ball. You can use something like a turkey baster to carefully suck the fluid out. Of course, don't let it get anywhere near your paint!

Thanks, I guess my search method was flawed since I didn't turn up your write up. Thanks......easy enough! :)

You're welcome.

I was hoping the mods were going to make it a sticky, but oh well....

It SHOULD be a sticky. Great write-up on an often overlooked but critical TR component. Maybe you could forward it to Ken at gnttype.org and/or Steve at turbobuicks.com (or www.vortex-buicks-etc.com)? This information is too valuable to disappear. JMO Thanks.

It SHOULD be a sticky. Great write-up on an often overlooked but critical TR component. Maybe you could forward it to Ken at gnttype.org and/or Steve at turbobuicks.com (or www.vortex-buicks-etc.com)? This information is too valuable to disappear. JMO Thanks.

I agree with you...and thanks for the complemet.
I've been in contact with Scott and Ken. Nice fellows.
Turbobuicks have the same owners as this site?

I honestly think if some members ask the adminstrators, it would be made a sticky. i don't want to pat my own back. I do need to make a correcton though. I need to contact Shane.