Powerlogger installation

03FatBoy

I just purchased a PowerLogger... arer there any tips/suggestions anyone has learned in the installation process? Pretty straight forward, but I thought someone might have a suggestion or two.

Thanks!

I installed mine last week. It is pretty straight forward, I just followed directions. I think it is really important to get a good, clean connection - I used the stuff Bob recommends and a plastic knife turned upside down to clean off the factory goo. I cleaned each side probably 3-4 times, which I am glad I did because each time I removed some of the residue. Good luck.

I just had to replace my ECM. Basically follow the directions as closely as possible. I used nail polish remover and a razor blade to do mine. Wasnt hard just took time. And when I modded the case originally, I think all we did was just use a vice to break the one end off.

As for the gray holder, I went to town on mine with a box cutter. Had a connection problem so I had to. Cut out all underneath practically and where the USB cable connects too. Can put pics up if needed.

Its not hard. Also did the MAP wiring mod and have my PLX wideband wired into it too.

I glued mine in with hot melt glue just on the outside of the ecm........I figured why take it out. It was moving around causing strange readings, now its fine. I think there is a plan to provide more 2 sided tape where there usb connector sits and din connector..

Dumb question...
My car is basically stock, the instructions for the PowerLogger I/O block shows three wire connection from the MAP sensor ( I have the 3 bar MAP included with the Alky kit) Do I need to connect all three leads?
thanks... still learning!

"Norbs"...Nice 70' Hemi Orange Roadrunner hiding in the youtube Video :biggrin:

Dumb question...
My car is basically stock, the instructions for the PowerLogger I/O block shows three wire connection from the MAP sensor ( I have the 3 bar MAP included with the Alky kit) Do I need to connect all three leads?
thanks... still learning!

If your 3 bar is already hooked up and working, then all you need to do is tap into the signal wire (green?) and run that to the powerlogger's I/O block, on Input 2 (not the second physical input, but the one actually labeled I2)

Thanks, my I/O block position #2 is actually labeled I2. the remaining white wire goes to #7 for the Scanmaster, instead of tapping off the old ALDL port, correct?

Thanks guys!

Thanks, my I/O block position #2 is actually labeled I2. the remaining white wire goes to #7 for the Scanmaster, instead of tapping off the old ALDL port, correct?

Thanks guys!

Yes, disconnect the SM wire from the ALDL port and run that to the scm #7 input on the analog block.