Powerlogger file review

jpwalt1987

I told my friend I would post his powerlogger file for everyone to review. The car belongs to Fitman here on the board. Its a stock engine with Comp980 springs, TE44, RJC front mount, THDP, 60s, Mike Kurtz trans and a lockup convertor from Dusty Bradford. It also has a single nozzle alkycontrol kit. He is running MS109 VP fuel as well. The car went 12.24@109.49 last week. Not sure why it won't go any faster than this running as high boost as he is. Take a look and feedback is welcomed. I have my own ideas about what's going on but would like others input.

Attachments

• 1450077274106.jpg
    1450077274106.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 83
I told my friend I would post his powerlogger file for everyone to review. The car belongs to Fitman here on the board. Its a stock engine with Comp980 springs, TE44, RJC front mount, THDP, 60s, Mike Kurtz trans and a lockup convertor from Dusty Bradford. It also has a single nozzle alkycontrol kit. He is running MS109 VP fuel as well. The car went 12.24@109.49 last week. Not sure why it won't go any faster than this running as high boost as he is. Take a look and feedback is welcomed. I have my own ideas about what's going on but would like others input.

Attachments

• 1241.dat
    491.3 KB · Views: 64
I can't read the PL file on the phone but I have a few questions. How much boost on launch? What is the timing set at? Not sure what the PL file says but from the times and MPH posted it looks like it's running a bit fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe 1 psi on boost. Car won't hold boost in launch w/o pushing car thru lights.
Also my Alky pump was leaking big time last couple runs.
Timing I believe isn't advanced or retard.
Thanks for all the help

Just looked at the logs. The flash rpm too high for a stock head/cam engine. Also its laying over pretty bad at 5200. Id send the converter in to get tightened as much as they can. You want 4100-4200 flash with this combo and 4500 max. A/f looks good for a 109 octane non oxygenated fuel. tighten converter, and get launch correct and i bet it drops over half a second with no other changes. Timing may be light but cant confirm ive never used that fuel. Assumiung you have verified the timing is accurate

I have been thinking that the rpm was too high since the beginning. It also looks like the stock O2 sensor died from the fuel as well. The car seemed to be put together with popular parts from the late 90s-early 2000s. I helped him update some things since meeting Chad. Its all been through phone, text and email since he lives 60 miles away. Here is the spec for the MS109 fuel.

Attachments

• 1450148328224.jpg
    1450148328224.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 68
Chad talked to Dusty today. Dusty said he had built it to 2800 rpm originally. He is going to tighten it by 400 rpm this time.