Powerlogger computer stand

1sikV6

Can anyone post any photos of how they have their laptop or tablet set up in there car..Just looking for suggestions. Thanks

Made it myself. Used a dolly caster from Home Depot turned upside down for the swivel. Mounted a permanent sleeve to the floor between the seat and the console using the seat studs. I made it so it could be removed by pulling a cotter pin.
Picture 010.jpg
Picture 008.jpg

Here's what I'm using. Works great & bolts down to the the passenger seat track anchor bolts.
Picked it up from another board member a few years ago.
This was designed specifically for our buicks.......unfortunately, don't believe they are available any longer (unless you can find a used one).

Attachments

• Skyway Jacks 5.jpg
    Skyway Jacks 5.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 261
  • tiano laptop 1.jpg
    tiano laptop 1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 260
  • tiano laptop 3.jpg
    tiano laptop 3.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 236
  • tianolaptopholder.jpg
    tianolaptopholder.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 276
  • tiano laptop holder2.jpg
    tiano laptop holder2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 275
What keeps the laptop from going through the back window when launching?

Here's what I'm using. Works great & bolts down to the the passenger seat track anchor bolts.
Picked it up from another board member a few years ago.
This was designed specifically for our buicks.......unfortunately, don't believe they are available any longer (unless you can find a used one).

I remember seeing this stand. I liked it.

I don't know if it has adjustable height or if it swivels though. I made mine so I could swivel it closer to me or it can be swiveled over the passengers legs.

I needed this option because my girlfriend tunes my car!:woot:

I've modified it since the pic. It has 2 rubber coated tabs in the front to hold it from flying back and two hinged velcro tabs in the back that fold up and hold the screen up and wont allow it to slide. 5 seconds to install and remove.

I just put mine on the passenger seat turned toward me. Just got a Windows tablet and will use that next.

What keeps the laptop from going through the back window when launching?

5 spring loaded fastening clips grip around the computer to ensure it stays in place. 3 on the main body & 2 on the opened top which keeps constant pressure on it. This thing attaches solidly. I have every confidence that it would stay in place in the unlikely event that the vehicle was overturned. Hope I never get a chance to prove it though. LOL

5 spring loaded fastening clips grip around the computer to ensure it stays in place. 3 on the main body & 2 on the opened top which keeps constant pressure on it. This thing attaches solidly. I have every confidence that it would stay in place in the unlikely event that the vehicle was overturned. Hope I never get a chance to prove it though. LOL

I keep mine on the passenger seat and partially closed so the track officials can't see it. Some of the tracks won't allow anything 'loose' in the car.

I tried a laptop and mount like above but it was just too much...in the way too much for passengers, looked horrible too much, just really hated everything about it.

So I bought a tablet and have been playing with where to put it for a few months now and have decided to just have one strip of velco on my dash and rest the Tablet above the radio and lean it back on the Velcro to hold it in place. I have been testing different areas and this, to me, is without a doubt the best option. Fits nicely and looks clean and In my line of sight. I don't have a scanmaster and refuse to buy one, so its really nice to have all of my info up in front of my face.

The only issues are 1) ui is pretty small on a tablet. 2) it blocks 2 air vents...but ill just close them off and deal with it.

Ill post up pics later today.

Decided to put a strip of Velcro between the vents. Cleaned both surfaces with rubbing alcohol and slapped it together. Not really sure how it will hold up, I have a feeling I will need to redo it every so often but Velcro is cheap enough and this took all of about 5 minutes.

Now all I need is a M/F 90 degree micro usb plug and a way to resize the UI so these fat digits of mine can change screens a little easier.

ALDLdroid on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10. 1 with wireless Bluetooth adapter.

Attachments

• 1429888173502.jpg
    1429888173502.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 248
I like those ideas better then the laptop stand..

Hey, it's Scott's at GNS. I've seen a few vids of it but don't know if it's for sale as a kit yet.

Sits in the dash, removable. Last thing they didn't have figured out when I last checked in was how to do something with the fuel gauge to get your attention as the tablet covered it. And how to charge the tablet if you don't drive much. I'm sure Scott and Company will figure it out, or already have.

Last edited:
I tried building the laptop into a new console. Figured I was changing the shifter out anyway and welded in a solid mount, then built the console around it. Only wish I could get the Win7 version of that ASUS display PL larger. A hard ttransbrake launch will close the laptop so next step is a little strut to hold it up. Would also like to find out what color my interior really is. I got a tip it was Presidio, but you can see that ain't it... Next step is to redo that tach mount I did 15 years ago, too.

IMG_4824.JPG

IMG_4834.JPG
IMG_4835.JPG