Powerlogger and windows 8....???

turbonut85

Rarely used member
So I got a new laptop with windows 8. I'm trying to install the powerlogger software....and in having no luck. Every time I try to "update the drivers" I get an error msg saying the "hash for this file is not present"...WTF does that mean? Can anyone help?? This is making me crazy...

image.jpg
image.jpg

I don't remember exactly how to do it, but you need to set Win8 so that it will allow installing unsigned drivers.

Bob

Alright. I found the procedure for allowing the unsigned drivers for windows 8...I'll give it a try when I get home....ugh computers are a pain in my balls. Thanks Bob!!

Got it. Resetting the computer to allow unsigned drivers worked. Then I went into the pl folder, clicked on the drivers folder, and manually installed the ftdibus file and the ftdiport file(right click and then clicked "install"). Worked perfect after that. Thanks Bob!!

Here is the link to where I found out how to reset the computer to accept the "unsigned drivers" (just remember you are looking for the powerlogger in the device manager, not skycaddie like the link says)
http://clubsg.skygolf.com/content/f...10-Windows_8_Installing_unsigned_drivers.html

Hey Bob...is there a way to make the PLC console bigger? It's roughly 1/2 the size of my laptop screen and its kinda hard to read...??

why hasn't someone made a smartphone app for this stuff yet?

Bob was kind enough to share some of the needed info with me. I've just started a side business of doing Android Apps, so if I kind find the info he sent (and the time), I might give it a shot. [And before anyone asks, no it won't support iPhone]

granatl said:
Bob was kind enough to share some of the needed info with me. I've just started a side business of doing Android Apps, so if I kind find the info he sent (and the time), I might give it a shot. [And before anyone asks, no it won't support iPhone]

This would be amazing!