Powerlogger access violation code??? HELP

GNWANTED

Shake & Bake!
I keep getting this "PLC access violation at address 0052EC40 in module PLC.exe read of address 0000002C" when I try and connect the Powerlogger. Does this mean there is an issue with the install? :confused:

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Kevin

Windows 7 I think so, but not really sure if I did it correctly. It is a brand new PL and the disc that came with it still had the old drivers, so I got the new ones from FT's website. Would not having the drivers give a code like this?

Thanks,
Kevin

No luck getting my newer computer with W7 to work, so I pulled out my old one with XP and everything went easy and is working great. Not really sure what else to try with the other computer

Glad you got it working. FWIW I have windows 7 and no issues. But it was a PITB to get the drivers right

No luck getting my newer computer with W7 to work, so I pulled out my old one with XP and everything went easy and is working great. Not really sure what else to try with the other computer

Take a look at the drivers you're trying to load. Are all the files/folders dated at least 2009 or 2010?

Went through the same thing last week. With Win7 you need to go into Device Manager, and change the drivers for PowerLogger, and the USB driver with the new ones you downloaded. It's kinda a pain to find and figure out, but it will work.

I was working with gnwanted yesterday to try and get the PL working on Win7. We tried everything that was suggested with no luck. Oh well, the other lappy with XP worked great.

Kevin, did you post the runs we recorded anywhere?

which version of Win7?

If he can install TeamViewer, perhaps I can take a look sometime this week.

He would need to be plugged into the car and the internet at the same time....

Bob

which version of Win7?

Bob

TeamViewer is cool. Haven't used it yet, but looks easy.

Just wanted to Thank everyone for the help and the offers to help. This is great!!!
I did get a few short runs logged on my old laptop. I will try and post them as soon as I can. This week is pretty busy as I am leaving for the track Thursday for the Brainerd International Raceway Show & Go Weekend!!
If my computer holds out I will get some good runs logged.

which version of Win7?

Bob

Maybe some time next week? I should be able to install TeamViewer, it looks like you can try it for free or something. I can be plugged in and be on wireless for the internet.
Not sure what version I have of W7. It is the home premium version is all I know at this time. Laptop is HP about 5 months old
Thanks,
Kevin G.

I use team-viewer all the time.
I work for an Apple repair facility and use it a couple of times a week.
A really nice program.:biggrin:

What was your solution? So anyone running searches in the future will have something to work with.

PowerLogger plugged in, key on, click on start, devices and printers, and it should be on the bottom. Right click on PowerLogger, properties, hardware tab, double click on each PowerLogger and under the general tab click the change settings button. From there click update drivers, and tell it where you've got the drivers stored.

I followed the above. It was just a different way to access the device manager and then I installed the drivers.

I was working with gnwanted yesterday to try and get the PL working on Win7. We tried everything that was suggested with no luck. Oh well, the other lappy with XP worked great.

Kevin, did you post the runs we recorded anywhere?

Here are a couple logs from the track I finally got from my old POS computer One thing to note the boost is not correct, it was about 6/7 psi off, I would say around 22/23 psi tops at wot.
This is on E-85 and ET on both runs around 12.01 If I recall correctly.
Please let me know your thoughts on the PL files
Thanks,
Kevin

Attachments

• track run 3.zip
    41.2 KB · Views: 78
  • track run 5.zip
    61.2 KB · Views: 66