Power steering pump availability/application question

incubus2432

Douchebag
I am in need of a new power steering pump and am unable to find a "heavy duty" version so my only option appears to be a Cardone rebuilt unit from the local parts store. Which may be fine but I know how rebuilt units can be hit or miss so while poking around Summit I found this.... Summit SUM-340206 - Summit GM Type II Power Steering Pumps - summitracing.com

It looks like the stocker and it's probably just a Cardone unit as well but I can get it quicker and have a gift card I can use to save some $$$$$. I know there are different units that look similar but our's rotate opposite.....how can I tell the difference? And will this one from Summit work? I would assume "no" because it is a universal designed to replace a V-belt Saginaw pump w/ reservoir so it probably spins the wrong way....but it doesn't hurt to check. ;)

try oldbuickparts.com, they have new and good qaulity used parts also
I purchased a gearbox from them for $75 including shipping (used) and was in excellent condition.
I just checked they have rebuild kits for PS pumps, and new and used from $80 up,
e-mail or call them, tell them what u need...
they get back to u that day and let u know what they got.
HTH
ray

I was looking into this topic not long ago. Both NAPA and rockauto.com have a few different mfgs available. Some have a core charge.

It is available from AC Delco, part # 36-516323.