Power Steering line part #'s

87-WE2

Back in business!!
Anybody have the part #'s for the power steering lines handy? I think I've sprung a leak.

Charlie???

I believe Kirbans, G body, or Highway stars has them. This is the 86-87 cars set up, right?

Yes sir. Not 100% sure it's the hoses that are leaking, but I figure they're the most likely culprit(s).

What you need to do first is figure out what's leaking. Take the car to a car wash and clean everything off. Once it's clean and you start it up run it for about 10-15 minutes and see if you can find oil on the lines. Once in a while I've seen the oil coming out of the pump as a light spray and it will get every where.;)

That's exactly what my plan was. And that's EXACTLY what it's doing. My son and I had put in a new Denso O2 and had it out for a quick test run. At a stop light, it felt like my steering completely locked up - couldn't turn either way. Finally muscled through it and got it back to the house. Popped the hood with the motor running and LOOK OUT - spray going everywhere!! Shut her down an parked her. Inspected the lines briefly, but didn't get all the way through. Fluid (presumably PS fluid) all over the place. I'll clean it off and make sure I find the REAL leak, but I figure the lines could use a change after 25 years anyhow.

I had already decided that GBody would get the order for the pump (if that's what it turns out to be) since I know they're aware of the correct pump that turns backwards. Just thought I'd go local for the lines so I can put eyes on them before replacement, but Brian knows what he's doing.

Thanks for the quick response. You're always very helpful.