Power Master Problems

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
Group,

My brake light has flashed a couple times over the last couple weeks. It also seemed like my motor was going on every time I hit the brakes. I put some fresh fluid in the MC and it didn't help. Next I swapped an accumulator that I had in my old parts bin. It actually was worse and the motor ran all the time. I put the previous accumulator back on the car and unplugged the switch and then plugged it back in. The motor ran but not for ever like with the swapped ball. When driving home from work the light flashed on and then the motor seemed to run non stop. Should I try and get another accumulator ball and if so how has them?

Thanks in advance,

The symptoms indicate it's time for a new accumulator. The new design that Kirban sells have proven to be trouble free!

The brakes worked perfect yesterday. Today the light came on at least 3 times. 1 of those times the peddle was really hard...
It first makes no sense that the switch is bad, but I have a couple. Is there anything else I should look at?

If the key is off does the powermaster fluid level increase over time? If you cut a straw and stick it in the master cylinder side does fluid come out after the ball is charged?

BPE2013@hotmail.com

The brakes are really bad now.
I tried to change the switch but I don't have a wrench big enough.
What size is it? What should I do next?...