Power loss after alky control kit installed

zleepr1

I just completed the installation of my alkycontrol kit on my tta. Thank you Julio for an outstanding, well made kit! The car has 12,000 miles and is stock with the exception of a K&N filter, magnaflow 3" exhaust, hot wire kit, test pipe and a 93 octane turbotweak chip. I'm using -20 washer fluid with the addition of two bottles of heet until I find a source of methanol. Everything appears to be working as far as the turn on light and the test button. I have the blue knob set at 5. On several occasions the the car felt like it was bogging/losing power under full throttle. One time was on a downshift doing about 50mph. The boost would only hit about 10-12psi, trailed off slightly, come back up, and dropped off again. The next time I rolled into the throttle from a stop. The tires broke loose and when they hooked up it started bogging down again, same as before. It feels similar to KR but my scanmaster showed zero on both occasions. When the alky sprays the o2's jump up to 830-840. It seems to be intermittent, on my other tests the car accelerated smoothly with the boost pegged at 16.5psi.

Could this be a case of too much spray?

Take some fuel out of the TT chip to compensate for the extra fuel of the alky; or turn the boost up to compensate for the extra fuel.

Zleepr1,
If you are the guy from Cordova I talked to a couple weeks ago. I live in Port Byron IL. and have a 55 gal. drum of alky. You are welcome to fill up anytime.

If you have a perfectly tuned engine at 16 psi. And you spray anything(except nitrous :D) into it... It will lose power.

The power comes from turning the boost up and not showing knock. Also the water doesnt help your situation.

Thanks Julio. I'm going to get rid of the water. I used it initially to make sure there were no leaks and I didn't have any methanol on hand. Still looking for a source in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago.

I just completed the installation of my alkycontrol kit on my tta. Thank you Julio for an outstanding, well made kit! The car has 12,000 miles and is stock with the exception of a K&N filter, magnaflow 3" exhaust, hot wire kit, test pipe and a 93 octane turbotweak chip. I'm using -20 washer fluid with the addition of two bottles of heet until I find a source of methanol. Everything appears to be working as far as the turn on light and the test button. I have the blue knob set at 5. On several occasions the the car felt like it was bogging/losing power under full throttle. One time was on a downshift doing about 50mph. The boost would only hit about 10-12psi, trailed off slightly, come back up, and dropped off again. The next time I rolled into the throttle from a stop. The tires broke loose and when they hooked up it started bogging down again, same as before. It feels similar to KR but my scanmaster showed zero on both occasions. When the alky sprays the o2's jump up to 830-840. It seems to be intermittent, on my other tests the car accelerated smoothly with the boost pegged at 16.5psi.

Could this be a case of too much spray?
Go to your local hardware store and buy a gallon of denatured alcohol. You want 100% alcohol. No water. Your O2 numbers are very rich. Take some fuel out of WOT or ramp the alky down. You shouldn't need alky at 16 lbs of boost.

I picked up 5 gal of VP M1. Installed the adjustable wastegate. I'm at 24psi, no knock, 816 o2 on the scanmaster with the tt 93 street chip (no adjustments), alkycontrol dial at 6. I do have 100 octane in the tank. I'm going to fill up with 93. I have a tt alcohol chip on order. Thanks guys!

I picked up 5 gal of VP M1. Installed the adjustable wastegate. I'm at 24psi, no knock, 816 o2 on the scanmaster with the tt 93 street chip (no adjustments), alkycontrol dial at 6. I do have 100 octane in the tank. I'm going to fill up with 93. I have a tt alcohol chip on order. Thanks guys!
Sweeet!

I have a similar situation with mine I have an alky kit I just installed and when i'm at wot the engine doesn't bog but it doesn't pull and that's at like 23 ish psi with no knock.. should I proceed to leave the alky at 6 on the gain knob and add boost and or add or sub fuel?.. itsjust at wot the rest of the time the car runs with lots of power and torque. I don't have pl files yet ..I need to get my laptop back but I do have a sm 2.2 and a gen 2 translator . what would a healthy target mv number be

I have a similar situation with mine I have an alky kit I just installed and when i'm at wot the engine doesn't bog but it doesn't pull and that's at like 23 ish psi with no knock.. should I proceed to leave the alky at 6 on the gain knob and add boost and or add or sub fuel?.. itsjust at wot the rest of the time the car runs with lots of power and torque. I don't have pl files yet ..I need to get my laptop back but I do have a sm 2.2 and a gen 2 translator . what would a healthy target mv number be

You need a lot more info before you start messing with the fuel up or down. Do you have a wideband? No knock is good but there's more to it than that.

What O2 numbers do you see from the narrow band?

The fuel settings will never be right from a NB reading. They'll be known safe but the NB tells nothing about what's really happening. My NB varies from 730-820 with the EXACT same actual AFR even when read at the top of 3rd.