Power logger file reveiw

Anywhere on the engine block is fine. They don't have to be on the back of the head per say. I usually use the two intake bolts. There are a total of 4 ground rings from the engine harness. I put 2 on each bolt.

To give a better understanding, the negative cable from the battery goes straight to the block. This makes the engine the main ground for the entire system. Anything metal on the engine is a good ground.

All the lc1's grounds should be tied together and connected to either the motor or pin D1 on the ecm (black and wht wire) which is one of the wires on the motor.

RL

OK, so....I un-fu%ked my grounds. I ran a ground strap from the back of the passenger side head to a grounding block behind the coil. I then connected all four ground rings to it. I then ran another ground strap from the grounding block to the fire wall and connected the other two wires that were on that side to the second grounding strap.

This is how the installation directions for the Caspers grounding kit says how to set it up.

This might have fixed a few problems. My LC-1 gauge now matches pretty close the PL AFR. It used to be about a point off (the gauge reading leaner), my O2s are now in the mid to high 700 range and my ign volts are a tad higher. At WOT they are at 12.5V. Should I be concerned with a half of volt?

Here is a PL log from today. Same as before. Just rolling into it easy on the highway. Do all the numbers now look good enough to start tuning for max performance???

Attachments

• hwybst3.dat
    69.8 KB · Views: 66
Now your getting somewhere. :cool:

If you want to get the volts up, take all accessory load away from the fuse panel. ;)

Is alky on? Start bumping up the timing.

RL

Thanks...My timing is 4deg more than what the computer thinks it is, due to the trigger wheel on my awesome $500 BHJ balancer being off. So I'm actually at 21deg at WOT.

Yup...that's my next mission. Try to find somewhere that can remove then press the trigger wheel back on in the right place.

Thanks...My timing is 4deg more than what the computer thinks it is, due to the trigger wheel on my awesome $500 BHJ balancer being off. So I'm actually at 21deg at WOT.

Yup...that's my next mission. Try to find somewhere that can remove then press the trigger wheel back on in the right place.

Ok so.. after doing a voltage drop test that I read about on vortexbuick I found a half volt drop across battery/alt wire and almost a full volt drop across ecm and CCCI fuse. Cleaned the slots for the fuses and I now have 13-13.5 volts reading on my power logger. I'm going swap out the batt/alt wire as soon as my new one comes in from Caspers and see if it will raise the volts even higher.