Power antenna motor

Boostin TA

Does anyone have a good used one or know of where to buy a new orginal replacement one at? I need the whole motor and not just the mast.

You can try Top Down Solutions. I don't have his website any more, sorry! Maybe some of the other guys have it.

Hey guys thanks for the sugestions! I forgot about topdownsolutions! I used both his headlight and trunk gear repair kits and they worked great! But both of the above sites dont have the antenna motor :( Who knew it would be so hard to locate one! Sheesh.

Does anyone have a good used one or know of where to buy a new orginal replacement one at? I need the whole motor and not just the mast.

GM still has them available I had to replace mine. They are not as small as the original one but works and unless u know the original is smaller u wouldn't notice it. Works find looks good.:biggrin:

Ford, do you have the part number for this?

I don't remember but I just went to the Pontiac dealer parts and asked about the replacement antennae for the 1989 TA and he pulled it right up. I trashed the box it came in so no luck and can't find my receipt for it. If i find it i will post the number. But it is the GM replacement for it.:wink:

The one I ordered was more of a universal type one. They said it was a GM one ( I dont have the part number anymore) Only thing with the orginal one on the car is wired directly into the harness so no matter what you will have to cut and splice the wires. Mine came with its own mounting bracket that you had to bend and cut to make it work properly. All in all the fit and look on it is close to the orginal and it looks much cleaner than having a bent ant sticking up out of my fender. lol

The one I ordered was more of a universal type one. They said it was a GM one ( I dont have the part number anymore) Only thing with the orginal one on the car is wired directly into the harness so no matter what you will have to cut and splice the wires. Mine came with its own mounting bracket that you had to bend and cut to make it work properly. All in all the fit and look on it is close to the orginal and it looks much cleaner than having a bent ant sticking up out of my fender. lol

Like I said mine just plugged back in to the original harness. The biggest headache was getting the old one out and the new one in.:redface:

Gonna have to call GM and see what they have I guess. Since 89TTA.com is no more...does anyone know of any sites that show the procedure for changing the antenna out?

The antenna removal is pretty straight forward. Just remove the passenger front tire and inner wheel well cover and you will have direct access to it. To remove it the antenna has to be all the way down, or if yours is seized and wont move (like mine was) I had to cut my mast off first. Just be care when you are losening the housing that you dont scratch the fender. I had to use a screw driver to first loosen it then screwed if off by hand. Just wrap a microfiber cloth or towel around it. All in all it took about an hour to do. But mine required cutting the wires. I dont know what plug fordlitenin is talking about the wires went straight into the harness with no connector or plug.