Power antenna GM p/n's

slant 6

Does anyone know what the GM p/n or where to order the cable for the power antenna mast assembly? 87 GN.

After removing my fender.....sucked.....to get to my antenna assy, I find that the replacement one I bought off of ebay is not remotely close to the original one. Figures. Requires welding brackets, bla bla bla.

I believe my stock one is fine. The motor just runs non-stop, so I'm guessing it is a broken cable. Does anyone know where I can find the p/n (besides the dealer, they act annoyed and take way to long to get the info) for just the cable? I see Gbodyparts carries a rebuild kit. But I'm not sure if it is the correct one, or that I need all of the parts in that kit.

Thanks in advance!

GM P/N's are 22048604 & 22048605, don't remember why there are 2 #'3 or which is which.
The fix-it kit P/N is 22038195 and i don't think that Brain at GBodyParts will and / or would steer you wrong. HTH

Help support the turbo Buick community and TB.com by supporting the suppliers, vendors and / or turbo Buick Specialty shops that are TB.com Sponsorship Team members.

What a piece of crap job that was! Removing the entire stinking fender....I had no choice though, because the antenna would not drop down. The RF cable was folded up in a way that I couldn't pull it down. Plus, the cable was too short for me to get in there with a screw driver anyway.

I bought the cable kit from Gbody and put everything together again. That was not easy, as everything shifted around when I pulled it apart.

Lining everything back up was an incredibly tough job. I had to move both fenders and the hood around and it took hours and hours. Trying to get these things to line up perfectly is impossible. I talked to a body shop and they said they hate working on this era of cars. Their comment was that they were engineered to be put together once.

If it weren't for the drive train in this car.....

While on the antenna subject, would someone know the part number for the little "slanted" washer that sits against the fender where the antenna is fastened?

thanks!
Claude:smile: