powder coating

Tommyg

As long as I'm having the new cam put in I'd like to have some parts powder coated. Who do you guys recommend?:confused:

you can't powder coat the water pump it has seals and the tensioner pulley either you can powder coat the crank pulley,timing cover,accessories brackets alternator pulley and you can alt shop to disasemble the alt and powder coat the alt,fan and pulley also I even powder coated the hose clamps the good ones from NAPA. the should be able to give a better price on all those pieces I regret taking off my powder coated pieces for polished aluminum too much maintence !

Ask your local hotrod shop who they use. I wouldn't send it anywhere via mail, but that's just me.

If you can have some place local then use them. If your like me and dont have that option and have to mail them off. I know that powderbarons do a good job and have done turbo buick pieces. There website is Powder Coating In Delaware Maryland Pennsylvania New Jersey powdercoating, powdercoat, powder coat, ceramic coating, engine performance coatings, exhaust, harley, sportbike, jet hot, jet-hot, headers, delaware, new jersey, pennsylvania, virginia, ohi and they respond pretty quick to emails and such.

I would stay local if you can, i had to drive about 45 to take my parts to a good shop.

Watch what you powdercoat. Remember: grounds are your TR's best friend.

Dont coat something that is an integral ground in your sensor/electrical system. You will open a can of gremlins and pull your hair out to find out why something is not working likes its supposed to.

I regret taking off my powder coated pieces for polished aluminum too much maintence !

If your coater will use a little fluoride in his pretreatment
you can use clear powder coat on the polished aluminum
and your hassles are over.

mcasteel2112
Thanks, I'm not here looking for more work. but I like doing the custom stuff. And I don't mind helping or advice.
Just a GN owner like the rest and this just happens to be my job. And I happen to be very good at it. :cool:

I was going to have him set me up some custom work but lack of funds and time set me back a few months.

mcasteel2112

If you want your parts done just send them.
pick a color and we'll work the rest out latter.

Thanks again.