Potential Turbo 383 Engine Build Up Assistance

QTRMILER

I have an opportunity at a GM casting 010 4 bolt main splayed cap block for free. With the right rotating assembly ( and what would you recommend??) would this be capable of handling in the 1000hp range??
I would also like to hear opinions or recommendatrions about cylinder heads, cam selection, turbo and intercooler. Have not figured out if it will be injected or a blow through carb set up as of yet. Looking into this as a project and would like to do this on a "budget" if you can call it that. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Considering this in lieu of my current turbo 6 setup. Thanks, Mike.

P.S. this forum rocks.

I have a friend that went 150ish with a stock truck block in a GN.
The car was about 3400lbs. That means it makes it about 900HP.
Please keep in mind that this block was more than half filled.
This thing had small twins on it, around 60-1s if I remember correctly.
He also had it running straight alky. It is to bad he sold it and it has not run
since.

With only wanting the power range I would go with a set of pretty basic 23* Heads. Chris has had good luck with the Dart Heads and and Dustyhas done well with the Brodix. The cam could be a hyd roller if you want. If you are going to build your own headers you may want to consider a t6 flange for the headers so you have room to grow. With a 383ci motor I personally would go with a 88MM unit. Remember you do not have to run this thing on kill.
I good air to air unit should be fine and I don't want this going into a flame war. Several vendors have larger units BA, Precision and Cottons and a couple others. For the carb if that is what you have your heart set on the best choice is CSU.

Yes, I have checked it out a bit, probably could spend some more time with the search feature there. Right now, I was given a chance to get the block , all machine work, assembly etc for the cost of the parts.....kinda a deal I could not or should not pass up. Was looking for a little imput, based upon my location I will probably spend some time with Job Jr. from Turbo People and get a better idea where to head from here....still in the planning stages at this point, but could move kinda quick if all works well. Thanks for the imput and I welcome any more that people have.
Thanks again, Mike.