potential convert to E85

nolanator

@none_more_black
I had a rough day at the dyno today when I couldn't get my methanol to come in on time. This caused a big lean spot in the mid section of my power curve followed by a very very rich top end. I ended up pulling 10% fuel at WOT just to compensate for this and I was still near 10:1.

E85 is intimidating at this moment due to my lack of experience with it. I have 80lb. injectors currently but would probably need to upgrade to 120lb. to work with the 66mm turbo I have currently. I've heard I will need more spark, and more fuel, but that's about all I know.

80s will work for now, that's what one of our car runs on e85. Well they are 83s but same difference.. I would upgrade the pump depending on what you currently have. Your stock ignition system should be fine for now. Nothing to be intimidated about. Just get a new chip and go. I love e85. I had alky but that's long gone. I done regret the switch at all.

Nick micale at www.arizonagn.com has nice new fuel system. You can go single now and upgrade to a double pumper with their conversion kit if later you want to go faster.

Attachments

• 1438475356844.jpg
    1438475356844.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 1438475368987.jpg
    1438475368987.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 135
80s will work for now, that's what one of our car runs on e85. Well they are 83s but same difference.. I would upgrade the pump depending on what you currently have. Your stock ignition system should be fine for now. Nothing to be intimidated about. Just get a new chip and go. I love e85. I had alky but that's long gone. I done regret the switch at all.

Nick micale at www.arizonagn.com has nice new fuel system. You can go single now and upgrade to a double pumper with their conversion kit if later you want to go faster.

thank you for the reply. I have a Reds Double Pumper sitting around in my garage right now. I'd mostl likely just use that, but that wiring looks pretty necessary. thanks for the tips

Your set them, drop the double pumper in, order a new chip and fill her up with some e85. You'll be happy you switched

Your set them, drop the double pumper in, order a new chip and fill her up with some e85. You'll be happy you switched

Will the 80# injectors support a 66mm turbo at 25psi? If its an inevitability that I will need 120s i don't mind picking them up but the whole low impedence and needing drivers thing confuses me.

We have recently done over 1/2 dozen e-85 conversions with 64mm and 66mm turbos, and with your double pump set up you should be fine with the proper wiring and new pumps.

One local car developed 525 RWHP on the dyno with 2 pumps, 66 mm turbo on e-85

Before I would change injectors ,a new chip and Powerlogger would be needed and you can determine from the data if the 60's will be enough.

This combo should develop enough HP for high 10's, maybe better.

We have recently done over 1/2 dozen e-85 conversions with 64mm and 66mm turbos, and with your double pump set up you should be fine with the proper wiring and new pumps.

One local car developed 525 RWHP on the dyno with 2 pumps, 66 mm turbo on e-85

Before I would change injectors ,a new chip and Powerlogger would be needed and you can determine from the data if the 60's will be enough.

This combo should develop enough HP for high 10's, maybe better.

I have the powerlogger and pumps already. I just have to figure out how to wire up the pumps. A reputable individual advised me to run both pumps at once (510lph). I'll look into getting that pump installed and to TT about a chip at somepoint soon.

the pics you posted lead to a site that is under construction. do you know of another vendor that sells that wiring setup?

80s might get you there. I would lod fuel pressure at the rail for sure

Haven't talked to nick about that option. Let me know or I'll find out as they are setup for his new fuel hanger setup. You can see in the picture it doesn't use a factory plug. Maybe he can or you can change the end connectors

Haven't talked to nick about that option. Let me know or I'll find out as they are setup for his new fuel hanger setup. You can see in the picture it doesn't use a factory plug. Maybe he can or you can change the end connectors
You've been very helpful. I really appreciate it.

I was at 96% duty cycle with my 80's on 93 with my current setup at 20psi. I switched 160's (overkill I know) and am now a consistent 60% at 27-28psi on e85. Stock fuel lines.