postons adjustable pushrods

GNcincy87

anyone know if postons chromoly adjustable pushrods are strong? the part on top with the threads looks like it would be a weak link and possibly break. anyone have any experience with these?:confused:

No experience with these, But are these parts that you already have or are looking to buy?

The reason that I ask is that Poston's is no longer in business.....

John

already have them and put them in the car. its not an issue to change them if they are junk. i was just seein if they were gonna hold up. i figured somebody had ran them before and could let me know

some people with experience racing small blocks told me stories about breaking pushrods and it ruined the cam and did a lot of damage. im kinda just looking for insurance or otherwise im tearing back into it. the adjustables look pretty thin where the threads are kinda makes me nervous

anyone know if postons chromoly adjustable pushrods are strong? the part on top with the threads looks like it would be a weak link and possibly break. anyone have any experience with these?:confused:

I had a problem when one of the adj pushrods worked its way loose some how and wiped a lobe on my GN110 cam.....I put another cam in her and switched to the standard chrome molly rods.......It's possible that I done something wrong during installation of those adjustable rods....but I doubt it. :)

What type of cam set up are you running? Spring pressure? I think this should be considered before a good answer can be given.

See ya, Kip

If they are a quality pushrod similar to the ones Smith Bros. make I would not be scared of them in your set up. I have neer seen a Poston's so cannot say who they had making them.

Take care, Kip

push rods are more critical in a good running engine than you can imagine. We would never use adjust push rods.

If you have ever seen comp cams push rod machine with the strobe light so you can get a glimps of what the push rods look like during operation you would know that at what some to consider mild valve spring pressures and RPM the push rods look like wet noodles...

When running an all out effort the best push rods you can find is the best thing you can do. Smith Bothers makes some really nice solid ones.