posting my combo

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
heres the rundown on every thing i can think of on my hot air motor..

fresh rings bearings

bored 030 over only because the cyl. walls had some
scratches

speed pro hypereutectic pistons part #H521NP 30

speed pro cam in it part# CS1112R cant tell its in there but runs
good idles with the same vacuum as my buddy's stock motored 87 GN

z-28 springs set up at 90#

sealed power HT 969 lifters

i ported the heads myself and havent done a valve job on them

i gutted my intake simular to the turbo motion first design

factory turbo still on motor with just a rebuild and i port matched all the inlets and outlets.

no egr valve...gone

the injectors in the car are the injectors that came in it from the factory with 185,000 miles on them ...crazy i know but why buy more.(it could really use some)

no fan on motor switched it to electric.

computer is factory 85 and does still have the stock chip..no lie there (could really use a chip too)

i port matched the factory headers

im still running a stock uppipe to the turbo

i have a ATR 2 1/2 down pipe, cat ran away and duel 2 1/2 ext.
with dynomax super turbo mufflers

85 tranny got weak so i pulled it and put the brf tranny out the 87 in it stock no shift kit and stock converter....104,000 miles on tranny.

stock replacement fuel pump and has NOT been hotwired

adj. regulator

adj wastegate

180 degree thermostat.(runs better than a 160 in mine)

right at 3700# with me in it

i know it dont seem like much but it seems to run really good for the money in it so i figured id put it out here because im thinking of changing my sig more toward whats to come with the 87 motor.

any questions feel free..
:)

btw. the 13:09 @ 103.7 was 18 1/2 psi
and the 13:08 @ 104.5 was 20 psi
and the best mph with crappy launch was 104.9 @ 21 psi
all track time is on 110 octane

Red - looks like simple is what works. I wish my car was stock or closer to stock when I bought it (Thanks Dad). It has been a nightmare sorting the darn thing out - and as soon as I got it sorted out I decided to put the TM intake + I/C, so I am back where I began.

Originally posted by hotair85t-type
What do you want a pat on the back?

YEA !!.......J/K

just seems like people are always wanting to know what other people have done to get where they are so i put mine up which is a simple setup low budget as it gets just gotta get your hands dirty..

is it me or did i miss something how many guys on here are buying all kinds of parts and not getting the thing to run?

is it me or did i miss something how many guys on here are buying all kinds of parts and not getting the thing to run?

I thought the same thing. Most of the parts they are buying are new gimmick parts. You have to stop and think before you buy. Everybody likes to add a bigger TB on their IC cars, when the stock one flows enough air to support over 550hp. You just have to go back to how many cfm it takes to make 1 hp. Stock parts will go fast. The list of parts might sound impressive, but the timeslip is what leaves the final impression.

My car has a good bit of work done you should know that by now and i would put the money on your car , i dont know how you do it iam starting to think i sent to much money on these parts. I'll be very happy with your time.

GIMMICK PARTS HOW TRUE. IF ONE GOES W/ THE TRIED & TRUED TWEAKS ONE CAN GO FAST.HOW DO YOU MAKE H.P.......GET AIR IN AND GET IT OUT W/ FUEL.STOCK PARTS WILL GO VERY FAST. LIKE THE CAM WILL GO 11'S OR MORE,THAT GOES FOR THE LONG BLOCK AS WELL.WE ALL KNOW THE WEAK POINTS ON THE 84'/85' CARS.(EXHAUST SYSTEM,FUEL SYSTEM ECT.)I AM DOING ALL THIS TO MY CAR,I WILL LET ALL KNOW IF IT WORKS.HOPE TO GO SOLID 12'S.;)

sorry guys to put this in your way but after searching forever to find it i figured id send it back thru..so i can find it later.

maybe some of you will find some interest in it .

yep yep

well i have put alot of money and alot of time in my buick. i have owened it since i was 13 and i am 19 now. it is 238 in the mourning and i got school in 5 hours and i can sleep. anways i havent really been able to tune the car since i have added all these parts. well now that my friends got a t link and i got everything on it almost that i want im going to get her dialed in. i hope to run some good times as me and my bro are always out to have the faster car. he has a new 2001 trans am ram air ws6 with some mods. anyways at 1 point when i had the car like after a year i got it tuned really when i was runnin 21 psi of boost on pump gass all stock. anways time to get her dialed in. cant wait to see some times

brent:D