Post your Bowling Green updates!!!!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
If you heard something about a class car (TSM, TSO, or TSE) running a qualifying time post up who it was and what they ran..... If you saw some Top Guns run like Billy Anderson or Bob Borelli (orange twin turbo car) post it up... JUST POST SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Haven't heard many updates:( :confused:

Steve

I staged cars with Nick all day today. Bill A has only had one decent pass, 7.90. The rest of his passes, he could not get the car to hook.

Bob Borelli (orange twin turbo car)
Had some mechanical problems yesterday, water-pump took a crap while car was staged and spit coolant all over the track. Then had some boost issues, then traction issues. Has not made a decent pass:(

Roy Garcia cooked a head also today:(

Lot's of fast TSM cars....:eek:

Let's See what all I can remember.

Bamford qualified at 9.5x I think.

Jason Cramer and Scott Claridge also had high 9 sec qualifing passes. First one for Scott so congrats. I went 10.19@132.3. Lot's and lot's of other 10 sec TSM cars. A whole lot.

B. Anderson's TSO car went 8.8x his fast car went 7.99. It may have went faster but I only saw the one pass. Borelli had some serious traction issues and didn't get a clean pass I don't think.

Jack Cotton had a nice wheels up 9.3x pass.

Roy went 9.x but torched a head.

That's all I can remember. Time for some parking lot smack talking and drinking.

Sully

Thanks for the updates guys!:) :cool: I appreciate it and hope guys are having a blast....

Don't drink too much Sully:D ;)

well, our truck took a crap on us just outside of Louisville, so we are stuck here. This kinda sucks!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone who made it.

all i saw was billy run a 7.99 last night before the show awards.

i dont think there were any other cars in the 7's there.

for the car show, i didnt get to look at too many names but i saw brett wallace (gn registry) got 1st in his class and i got a gold in concours restored turbo buick.

i talked to Russ Merritt and hes running in tsm, last i heard he went 10.39@131?? dam wish i never sold that car!

Any TSO News?????????????/
What about Lubrant???

Thanks in advance.

Scott Porter aka STP, went 10.28 @ 134 on nitto drag radials and 21 psi.

Originally posted by BigDaddy
Scott Porter aka STP, went 10.28 @ 134 on nitto drag radials and 21 psi.

That is really impressive on Nittos!!! The best 60' I've seen anybody get down here on those tires is a 1.7...

Just heard that Orlando ran a 10.10 @135mph with his iron headed stock block car:cool:

Originally posted by matt87
i talked to Russ Merritt and hes running in tsm, last i heard he went 10.39@131?? dam wish i never sold that car!

I was in the lanes with Russ before he made that pass. Got it on video too:D I don't have a place to link it, but if someone could host it I can send it to them. Email me if someone would be interested in hosting it. This was taken on my digital camera, not a camcorder so I couldn't zoom, but it's a very good video considering. Format is QuickTime.

Orlando ran a 9.96 @136mph with a sh!tty 1.55 60'!!!:D

Not bad considering iron heads, Red's chip, stock MAF, PTE stock location IC (no cold box), 200r4 w/ no trans brake, and it weighs around 3550-3600lbs w/ him in it! Guess that tighter converter did the trick:)

Originally posted by John Wilde
Any TSO News?????????????/
What about Lubrant???

Thanks in advance.

Dan's best run was 8.69 @ 158...they ended up winning TSO...couple guys broke, I think Hartline and Fiscus broke earlier...Jack's car didn't make the final round because of tranny problems I guess...

Dennis's blue Mustang did a nice 300 foot wheel stand on the back bumper Friday night...that was awesome

there's a lot more that happened...I'm sure others will share

overall...I had an awesome time! this was my first year going and I had a lot of fun...:D

Strezo took first in TSO, Otto was the runner-up.
Bamford won TSM, Cramer was the runner-up. That's all I know.

Just got home, we had to pull ALOT of clutch and power out to get mt car down the track, the conditions were just not right for us to lay down a serious number and to be quite honest, we dont have enough experience on slowing the car down enough to run on a slippery track in the heat.(the GSCA were doing what they could as far as track prep goes,we were just overpowering it) We did manage low qualifier with a 7.58 at 183 and I won the super16 turbo class (with 2 bye runs and 2 competitors redlighting!, talk about luck!).Borellis car had a bunch of minor issues, I just dont think they had enough time to get it all worked out, I sure would have liked to see them run! Dan Whites red car went 8.0, Jim Rock had a new car there, I dont think he got a run off, John Schmidt was there with the Opel, he apparently had mechanical issues, Jim Dotson ran some 8.20's, Bob Peterson and Allan Liverman (sp?) both ran mid 8's
After much controversy with our TSO entrant due to our interpretation of the rules, we were allowed to race it, went 8.81 at 158.8 for the best run of the week with a fairly lousy 60ft so it is promising considering it is the first outing for the new combo,Jeff got alot of experience driving and thrashing, Dan Strezo won it in Joe Lubrants car, I believe they went 8.7? Congratulations to Joe and crew!
We all had a grat time and are already making plans for next year.

Congratulations to Joe and Dan for their win in TSO,
Dave for his win in TSM and Bill for his win in the Top Gun Class.!
Sorry I do not know about TSE.

Its sad that someone gripped about Louie's car (tire was too tall or wide) so he was banned. truely unfortunate and really peddy in my eyes. All that work to get down there to just get kicked out for something that would not make a difference either way. The lastest buss at the track was about the use of distributers in TSM. We will see how this turns out.

The best part for me was watching Anderson's 7.50 pass and that blue Mustang doing the 1/8th on his back tires. When it came down it laid sparks everywhere (apparently it wasjust his downpipe getting a major reduction in flow) Friday night I saw lots of quick turbo Buick laying down hard numbers. Like Jason Cramer running his best of 9.8 @ 136mph and Anderson's guy in TSO running a 8.8 just peeling tires down the entire track. You can just hear the slick skipping like a rock on water.

Once I get some time I am going to download some TSM runs for you guys to view. I think I got about 6 runs or so.
All in all, it was great, and Rafferty's steak and Ribs were by far the high light of my weekend. You could peel the meat off the bone with the ribs, and the steak was so tender and juicey that you could just rip it apart with a fork, no need for a knife.

Orlando ran a 9.96 @136mph with a sh!tty 1.55 60'!!!

Not bad considering iron heads, Red's chip, stock MAF, PTE stock location IC (no cold box), 200r4 w/ no trans brake, and it weighs around 3550-3600lbs w/ him in it! Guess that tighter converter did the trick

Man thats awsome!!!!!! I remember when I was 15, I use to at to our local track (Moroso) and see Orlando run constint 10.0...I still remember the first 3 passes that I saw the car run....10.33.. 10.22...10.07....I was in AAAAWWWW, and now im 22, the only reason why I even new what a GN was is because my parents owned one new since 87....that I evently bought when I was 17..... but BBBBIIIIGGG UP TO ORLANDO FOR ALL THE YEARS OF HARD WORK, AND AGAIN CONGRATS!!!!!!!!