possibly stolen parts in Florida

boosted3

Please keep an eye out for a Precision Front mount with Pipes, and a Razors Alky Kit. I sold them on the board and paid $400 for insurance on each when i shipped them from UPS. The tracking info says they were delivered but the person did not receive them so its my thought that they were either stolen off the porch or stolen by the driver. They were shipped from Bozeman MT. I was always under the impression that when you buy insurance they require a signature but apparently this isnt the case. I have opened a case with UPS regarding the matter and they are going to attempt to contact the driver. The package was shipped to Riverview florida so if you see any parts matching the description for sale please let me know!
Thanks very much!
Brian

there were a few local cases of people following delivery trucks and stealing the packages after the driver left

Boosted3, are you going to have a hard time getting your money back from UPS..I've insured plenty of packages and always wondered how it work if I made a claim.....

Boosted3, are you going to have a hard time getting your money back from UPS..I've insured plenty of packages and always wondered how it work if I made a claim.....
Well,
I cant say that they eased my mind but i feel better than if i had not insured them. Ill post more info up as i find out.
Thanks

I dealt with UPS claims once when I bought something, it went through their warehouse, got opened from the bottom and taped back up with UPS tape. UPS driver said the warehouses are where bad things happen and to send it overnight if its valuable. BTW, you won't get a refund and if you do it will be a long time from now unfortunately.

Update:
I have contacted UPS and the insurance does in fact cover theft. I spoke with someone at the UPS store that I sent it from and I was also told that the drivers are not supposed to leave any packages at an apartment that shares a common hallway with others and he did. So not only did the insurance pay off but the driver did something he was not supposed to so I am going to get my full insurance paid plus the $145 it cost to ship everything!
Keep your eyes peeled for the parts! The way to tell if its my intercooler is the up pipe to the throttle body is drilled for alky about 6" down the pipe on the drivers side. There was originally an air temp sensor there from the previous owner so the hole is a little ugly.
Thanks for the help guys!

"I sold them on the board and paid $400 for insurance on each when i shipped them from UPS. The tracking info says they were delivered but the person did not receive..."

$400 for insurance??? [GOOD OL UPS STORE ripping folks off]
Anytime I get insured pkges from either USPS, or UPS...I have to sign for them.
What does the buyer have to say, other than he didn't get the pkges??

"I sold them on the board and paid $400 for insurance on each when i shipped them from UPS. The tracking info says they were delivered but the person did not receive..."

$400 for insurance??? [GOOD OL UPS STORE ripping folks off]
Anytime I get insured pkges from either USPS, or UPS...I have to sign for them.
What does the buyer have to say, other than he didn't get the pkges??

No... I think he's saying he insured the I/C for $400 & the Alky kit for $400. It didn't cost him $400 to insure the items.

The first $100 of insurance thru UPS is "free", then X amount for every $100 more you need. Something like $2-3/$100 of extra coverage.

Anyhow, glad to hear he's getting his money back. I just hope it's enough to cover the original selling prices.