Possible fraud?

hesermon

I posted this in the internet fraud section but wanted as many of you guys to see it as possible since the auctions ends in a couple days.

I noticed on this link the vin number shows an "A" in the 8th spot. I've asked for pictures under the hood but did not get any. Makes me curious?????
Buick : Grand National - eBay (item 170628615198 end time Apr-21-11 16:29:28 PDT)

I asked this jerk to explain why the title showed an "A" in the 8th spot of the vin indicating a V6 with carb and not SFI, here is his response:

"The title is not wrong, all of the Buick Grand Nationals have a 6 cyl with a carb, but they are still turbos.. This is my 8th or 9th Grand National and all are titled the same.. Ask your local GM Dealer.. I have never heard of a Buick GN that was not a 6 cyl carb with the turbo, unless someone traded out the engine after they bought it.. This lil' 6 banger was the fastest car produced in America by the big three.."

I've reported him to EBay and the local police. I hope they bust this A.. H....!

What!!!

i asked this jerk to explain why the title showed an "a" in the 8th spot of the vin indicating a v6 with carb and not sfi, here is his response:

"the title is not wrong, all of the buick grand nationals have a 6 cyl with a carb, but they are still turbos.. This is my 8th or 9th grand national and all are titled the same.. Ask your local gm dealer.. I have never heard of a buick gn that was not a 6 cyl carb with the turbo, unless someone traded out the engine after they bought it.. This lil' 6 banger was the fastest car produced in america by the big three.."

i've reported him to ebay and the local police. I hope they bust this a.. H....!

my 86-87s are missing the carbs .where do i get one ?? Guys a reall winner .maybe he knows charlie.. Vin 7 means nothing to him .. Or maybe the guy who sold it to him feed him this crap ..

I

Sent him a message asking for rpo codes with no response . He knows somethings up .. I even told him without a 7 its not a gn .. No matter what..

My guess is that it's stolen and he knows it. Pretty easy to get a title for an 87 Regal, not so easy to get on for a GN. Hope his high bidder is a cop!

I couldn't pass....I sent the seller a questions too...all that is is an 87 Regal, painted black, with a GN interior stuffed into it and prolly a motor out of a hot air.

One thing to do is win the auction bid $20,000. and do a non payment until he sends you the pictures. And then back out because the VIN doesn't jive.
And sellers CANNOT leave negative feedback on a buyer, as per eBay policy.:D

I couldn't pass....I sent the seller a questions too...all that is is an 87 Regal, painted black, with a GN interior stuffed into it and prolly a motor out of a hot air.

My guess would be stolen, the reserve is only $4500, it would pretty expensive to convert a non-turbo car. I noticed the steering column is covered up with some sort of metal, the shifter handle is broken, the door locks on the pass side door and trunk have been replaced. The instrument cluster is from a TR so one would have to swap out the dash harness which is a real PIA. Also not buying his excuse for the misrepresented miles. Not that hard to find (or make) a title and vin plate for an 87 regal. He may not have known it was stolen when he bought it but he surely knows that the bulls...t he's shoveling is not true.:mad:

The seller has a lot of positive feedback...if he was the type to sell stolen stuff knowingly, I don't think this would be the case...he might be the victim...

He's put up pix of the engine now....the mystery deepens....it's a SFI turbo 3.8

Look at all the rust. I'd have to personally look at this vehicle before I even considered bidding on it. If you look at the head on shot, the hood looks glossy but the fenders are dull looking. I'd walk away quickly...wait... Run like heck!

He actually made a correction on the miles, someone miss-read the odometer.....no wait.. the title...no wait maybe it was the odometer, never mind the don't match anyway!

Well...he's been reported to E-bay now....ignoring all the feedback he's getting on the VIN issue is just ignorant....he's trying to pass his problem onto someone else.

Here is another listing, but at least this seller is honest. Buick : Grand National | eBay

Has anyone noticed that nothing is said in the ad that it even runs? Also noticed that the ac lines are missing and the power steering reservoir is cocked at a odd angle, and also noticed alot of rust on the bottom of the drivers door? I think he figured out he was taken and now he's trying to pass it on to someone else, there goes that 100% feedback rating.... Sure wish people would state what's right and wrong with something when they sell it.. I asked him some questions as well, probably won't respond. If he was honest, he would cancel the auction and relist it with the correct info.

After he told me that he has owned 8 or 9 GN's and all of them had carbs with turbo and I should call my local GM dealer to learn more about these "lil 6 bangers that were the fastest cars ever built by the big three" I responded with the following:

"You sir are full of ****! The eight digit of the vin is an "A" which indicates a v6 with a carb, all 86-87 Buick turbo cars had a "7" in that spot indicating a 3.8 V6 with SFI fuel injection and a turbo. You are either selling a car that has been make to look like a GN or a stolen car, either way you have been reported to EBay to prevent someone from being defrauded."

He replied with this brilliant response:

"Please do not write me anymore as you have a terrible mouth and do not know what you are talking about!!"

What a turd!:rolleyes:

I hope whoever the high bidder was either backs out or just wanted it for parts, hate to see anyone get stiffed on a car like this.

After telling him it should have a 7 in the place of his A, and asking him if he knew this car had been made into a TR here is the reply I got right after I reported him to ebay.

I purchased the car from ebay and am now finding it is a clone.. I thought I purchased a GN.. Thanks, Rodney

Maybe we rattled his cage enough that he will come clean with the listing. Hate to see someone get taken.

Bryan

my 86-87s are missing the carbs .where do i get one ?? Guys a reall winner .maybe he knows charlie.. Vin 7 means nothing to him .. Or maybe the guy who sold it to him feed him this crap ..

Um...are you refering to me? Vin code A is for the draw though system for the 83 T type cars.:biggrin: This idiot is not some one that I know or want to know. I think you owe me an appology here.:mad:

Charlie sheen

um...are you refering to me? Vin code a is for the draw though system for the 83 t type cars.:biggrin: This idiot is not some one that i know or want to know. I think you owe me an appology here.:mad:

not charlief1 .hes a real winner .was referring to sheen [winning] .so i hope were good f1 .. I know all about draw thru vins but you cant find that on an 87 .was not referring to you at all ..