posi locked up help plz

i redid my pinion seal filled the rear end and pushed the car in the drive. i rolled it back down heard a clicking found out the posi locked. i haven't drove it and I didn't put the additive in yet. could it be something besides the additive? like i said i only pushed it and let it roll down drive way hasn't gotten hot or any thing. wondering if its something else.

Did you pull the posi unit and gears to do the seal?If so I think I read that you have to set everything back up,not just a pull it out and put it back in type of job.Do a search on replacing the seal and see what you find,I searched it before and it looked like alot more than I wanted to get into.

I wouldn't drive the car until talking to someone at a shop who does differential gear setups. If you did remove the ring and pinion to replace the seal,which i'm pretty sure you would have to do then the alignment of the gears is not what it was before.

It would be cheaper to have the car hauled to a shop to have them reinstall and setup the differential gears before trying to drive it and possibly break something and cost more money to fix.

Just my opinion take it or leave it. It's your car and money.

The seal can be replaced w/o taking the diff apart.
"posi locked up"?? If you rolled the car out of the garage, and didn't turn it, and the diff locked up, you may have an issue w/ the torque on the pinion nut.
As mentioned above, if you took it all apart..All bets are off.
If the diff has to be "set up", again, [ used gears/brgs], unless you get lucky, it's doubtful you will get away without noise.

The limited slip unit is supposed to be locked up and does nothing when the wheels are equal height and turning the same speed. If you removed the pinion nut you need to properly torque it to have the correct pinion preload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The limited slip unit is supposed to be locked up and does nothing when the wheels are equal height and turning the same speed. If you removed the pinion nut you need to properly torque it to have the correct pinion preload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And on that note, did you replace the crush sleeve or just tighten the assembly up?

The limited slip unit is supposed to be locked up and does nothing when the wheels are equal height and turning the same speed. If you removed the pinion nut you need to properly torque it to have the correct pinion preload.\........

Before removing the pinion nut you should have marked its exact location on the shaft.

A torque wrench should be used to remove the nut and you must record the exact reading when the nut releases.

Upon re-assembly when you tighten the nut, it should be at the same mark and torque reading or VERY close!