Ported intake worth the $$ ?

blown okie

Chuck Norris Approved
Combo in sig. with ported irons with flow #'s equal to champion irons, i "cleaned up" the runners in the intake half-assedly to match the ports in the head. taking the intake off to have it powdercoated and and was thinking about getting one of the ported intakes instead, i like the idea of milling the EGR port out as my egr isn't even on the car. is the little bit of extra porting they do really worth the $$, will i really notice an increase in its performance? is champion even in business still? their website hasn't changed in awhile. TIA for any input and opinions

PORT THE INTAKE YOURSELF WITH THE FELPRO GASKET AS A GUIDE AND YES CHAMPION IS STILL AROUND I ORDERED SOME PARTS YESTERDAY THAT CAME TODAY.. AS FAR AS THE TOWER IN THE INTAKE A LOCAL MACHINE SHOP CAN MILL IT OUT AND WELD IT CLOSED. ( CHAMPION MAKE SOME NICE INTAKES BUT YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY BY DOING IT YOURSELF.

i HATE porting heads, etc!! i used to build engines for a living ad i despise doing that stuff! i always liked running the machinery, machining blocks and doing assembly! i don't have a problem paying $ to limit my frustration :D!

IF THATS THE CASE GET A STOCK STYLE PORTED INTAKE FROM CHAMPION ALL THE WORK IS DONE MAKE SURE THE CORE MAINFOLD IS IN GOOD SHAPE NO STRIPPED HOLES OR ALOT OF CORROSION AND MUST BE UN ALTERED IN ANY WAY OR THEY WILL BACK CHARGE YOU AND THE INTAKE WILL BE $550.00 PLUS THE SHIPPING BOTH WAYS.

ya i have the original unmolested intake from my car, the one on it right now i got from cottons when i did the cold swap on my "84 T

forcefed, 10's my not be out of the question with some of the new parts i'm putting on it, people have gone faster than me with similar combos, just trying do(redo) some of this stuff so i don't have to redo it later, don't want to powdercoat two intakes if a can keep from it!