Popping under quick stab of throttle

badgrandntl

I have a fairly new combo, Home ported heads, pt70 turbo, ta headers, ATR exhaust, turbo tweak chip for combo , Razors alky single nozzle, The problem occurs when I just floor the car it just pops, either no knock on my caspers knock gauge or 1 to 2 green lights. If i ease into it runs fine. I have a wideband and power logger. I haven't logged any runs yet, but AFR is around 10.6 under full throttle when it levels out. It seems like if I just floor it AFR starts at around 13 and settles to 10.6 but still pops. so I dont want to richen the WOT fueling and it happens in every gear so just adding to first wont help. Any ideas?

My car did the same exact thing. Then it blew a head gasket when it poped. I checked the power logger and boost spiked to 32 psi when mine popped. I pulled the motor out and will be replacing it soon but I haven't been able to try and work this out. I initially though it was my boost controller not reacting quick enough so i replaced it. Now I think my 38mm tial may not be large enough for my PT67. At the time I as tuned for 25 pis on a dual nozle alky kits as well.

I will look at the boost spike. I've had this coil pack, ignition control module for two years now along with MSD wires. The coil is from auto zone and it ohms out at 8.3 and 8.2 and 7.9 I know it should be around 11 for a delco but no sure if its the same for the autozone one. The reason I don't think its the coil pack is because it works if I ease into it and the if I lace into it breaks up. but maybe that doesn't make sense. I will take a power logger session and post it. Thanks for the ideas

The replacement coil should ohm out at the same spec as the OEM coil. I think you just answered your own question.

I think I just figured it out I turned down the boost to 23 psi from 25 and the their has a very minor pop almost more like a miss becasue of a 1 psi boost spike. So I think i am going to take the exhaust housing off and port the wastegate hole I think this will eliminate my issue. but am still kinda leary about the coil any other opinions or should I just get a good delco one. Thanks for all the help so far.