Pontiac G8 GT Banished to Driveway Because...

SpeedRacerX

.....something Black and Bad has moved in. Sorry for the poor pix. I dropped my phone right after these pix, wrecked the screen and will need to replace it tomorrow.
I've been a member here for over a year and have been reading, watching, shopping, etc.

Anyway, I've had the itch real bad lately to pickup a new toy and it was down to either a b-body Mopar ('68-'70 Charger or Roadrunner) or a Grand National. Since I grew up around the GN's and have wanted one for a long time, I went with the GN. I'll spare you the story about the GNX I almost bought in '88 when I was advised to buy my Corvette instead.

This is a 1987 Grand National. Has 94,000 miles. I am the 3rd owner. First owner had it for 27 years. What I like about it is that it has been very well cared for and maintained and it is all (95%) original. Came with a nice logbook of all the upkeep done to it over the years. Other than a scan gauge and a fuel pressure gauge (necessities for this car so I've read), it's all original or has been maintained with original parts.

The car is not a show car or museum piece. It is just a nice weekend cruise car or meet car. Everything works except for the power antenna which I will fix soon because the part was included. Little to no rust anywhere.

Rides great. Pulls nice for stock. Can't keep up with the G8 but I hear you can make these Grand Nationals pretty fast
gr_devil.gif

Anyway, I'll post more pix after I replace my phone.

I am going to struggle deciding whether to mod it or not. It's so time-capsule stock right now.

20150319_230104_zpspzfbjkyp.jpg

20150319_230123_zpshvqa5dzy.jpg

Looks good. I did some tasteful mods to my first GN and it held its own on the street. The plus side was that it was easy to convert it back to stock since all the items where just bolt ons. When you feel like taking it back to stock, its pretty easy. Welcome to the Dark Side!!!

Modifications normally begin when the stock stuff starts to go. If the turbo goes bad.........well, might as well upgrade. If the fuel pump goes bad........well, might as well upgrade............the header cracked again.........well, might as well upgrade............The motor starts making noise........Well, might as well have a motor done with forged everything, stroked, girdled, roller cam, aluminum heads, ported intake, million pound injectors...........

Anyway, you get the idea;)

Lots of good info and great people here. Welcome to the site and happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard