Police Int. Turbo T?

That is the same exact sticker you see on the dash in the Caprice cop cars.

I had just left the local coffee stop one morning and a few of the other guys stayed behind long enough to see the Buffalo Police Undercover Narc squad roll in (about 8-10 guys)to coordinate a raid they were going to do somewhere nearby.They guys said the cops had a real nice 87 GN they were using,probably as a chase vehicle,I don't know but it was somehow involved with the enforcement end of this situation.They spoke for a while, then left,all were wearing BPD T-shirts.There were other vehicles involved but just pedestrian types.There was no indication at all on this vehicle that it was Police from what they could tell,no even the plates. One of the guys had a Ttype and a GN before this,so he knows what he saw.I figure it was obtained during a previous raid,the money is not there for stuff like this otherwise.I have never seen it but you got to wonder who will end up owning it in the long run.Probably auction it but first give dibbs to cops and insiders before the public even sees it.

it would be interesting to see the documentation on this. i saw an 69 chevelle 4 door copo on ebay a couple of years ago. ex-arizona state police car, lots of docs. wish i could afford it. i actually bought a conv chevelle project from him and looked the car over. came w ss bubble hood, front disc brakes, f-41 suspension- boxed rear lower control arms and rear sway bar, etc... you could see where the cage had been.

Whats states were these cars used in? I like all the little gadgets it has. No telling how much knock the car has during "high speed" pursuits.

Jason

my police departmant has a zr1 corvette they got from a drug bust.... now its a cop car, and officer frendly drives it...

mybuick said:
my police departmant has a zr1 corvette they got from a drug bust.... now its a cop car, and officer frendly drives it...
where is your dept located, i suppose you dont want to say, i am same up in mn

back about 10yr ago the kentuky police had one and i think the had another but just seen 1 of them

I remember when the state police (CT) used 87 GN's as highway pursuit cars

Brown FBI car in MD.
Has shotgun mount on the bottom of roof. Just reach up and grab the gun right over your head.

84gnguy said:
I remember when the state police (CT) used 87 GN's as highway pursuit cars

I saw one sitting in the median on a trip to NY long ago - it looked totally bad *ss sitting there waiting to pounce!

I smell BS. Has anyone here tried to carfax the VIN to ascertain whether or not those agencies really owned it. Other than a $7 9C1 caprice sticker, a $0.99 mic hangar from Radio Shack, and a Motorola speaker, it's nothing special. JMO

It's BS.

Pittsburgh Police had 7 of them, along with many other cities across the U.S. Hundereds if not thousands were used by law enforcement.

There is nothing different about a regular Turbo Regal and one used by law enforcement. It is not a "police package" car, never was offered.

It's nothing like a SSP offered by Ford, or 9C1 by GM, where the cars were designated from the factory as such when they left the plant.

It's just a regular Turbo Regal with some aftermarket mods, that's it.

They didn't need a police package. The car was ready to go. I've seen the brown FBI ones with shotgun mount in the trunk and flashing lights in the grill.

Also, it's odd that it has chrome mirrors with the bucket and power options.

They didn't need a police package. The car was ready to go.

Hardly. Just because a car is fast doesn't make it ideal for duty...

Transmission oil coolers, Heavy duty silicone coolant hoses, Aircraft-type coolant hose clamps, Heater core inlet pressure restricters, Recalibrated fans, high AMP alternators, Conventional full size spares, Reinforced floor pans, Reinforced bucket seats, Certified calibration speedometers, Vascar 2-piece speedometer cables, Radio noise suppression packages, Inoperative drivers door courtesy lamp switchs (stealth mode when door is open), Power deck-lid release relocated on dash for easy access, Single key lock sets, and so on.