Please Read!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
I have not been very attentive to the boards needs lately. I have been getting some complaints. I am going to slowly ease back into a more hands on approach.

I would like to address a couple of issues.

1. We are going to be adding a "store" to the forum. Vendors if you would like your products featured let me know. I would like to say in public, we will charge a very small percentage to offset the new costs.

2. Vendor bashing is going to stop. We have NEVER deleted threads to protect anyone. Since Jay and I took over there is no questioning that. I keep hearing that I protect Gbodyparts. That is total crap.... I have NEVER deleted a thread to protect Brian or any other vendor... If someone REMOVES A THREAD WITHOUT MY PERMISSION I WILL REMOVE THEM!!

3. People selling products that are not vendors and vendors not paying is going to stop. I don't care who you are or how long I have known you. It is time to pay up or step away. You know how you are, not trying to be an ass here but I have put up with a few people skating me for years. Contact me or I will remove you... There is SEVERAL guys selling stuff that is not a vendor. That will stop....

4. Lots of loyal members have asked for a "donation" button. It will be installed soon.

5. If you are logging in under more than one name will we out you. It clutters up the system and make no sense to me...

6. I am open to suggestions as always...

Lately I've been seeing a few members poking at other making unnecessary, invaluable comments, antagonizing other simply for the joy of their aggravation. Can we poke them once and for all? Like, get rid of these dickwads for good?

Agreed..... Several responses in posts provide nothing that is valuable at all. I believe this has run off some really knowledgeable people because they are tired of reading ignorance. We should be able to send a warning first, next should be removal. If someone wants to PM back and forth then that's fine.

The donate button ha been a long time coming. Shane you would have more people sending money to the board has you done this years ago....

Also agree with members ability to sell products. Maybe limit the number of posts that non paying vendors are allowed to post in the for sale section. No more than maybe 2 per month and limit the number of "to the top" posts by the same member... If someone wants to post more than 2 per month in the for sale section then charge a fee for it. The server don't pay for itself.

Shane you also may want to take a look at all the stickies in all the sections. Are they all needed?? Some haven't been replied to in 6+ months....

Thanks guys for the input. I am listening, keep it coming!

Lately I've been seeing a few members poking at other making unnecessary, invaluable comments, antagonizing other simply for the joy of their aggravation. Can we poke them once and for all? Like, get rid of these dickwads for good?
Yes, let's start censoring members because you don't like what they say. You already jumped on my case but quieted down when a Mod stepped in. Cop bashing threads are OK with you just as long as cops can't defend themselves. So now you whine to SGRIM.

Does that about sum it up Trix?

How about we dump people like you who call other members names???

Welcome back Grim...hope to see you in the political section again. :D

Shane, just an idea.. To sell an item on the board you can put a paypal button which will require whoever wants to sell an item to pay a fee for example 25 cent fee to allow a for sale posting, you gain revenue of anyone who wants to sell something on your board. The only downside is the guys who dont use paypal.. just a thought

I apologize to the OP for the direction the thread has taken....but I'm sick and tired of idiots who's only mission in life is to try and get people banned.

Time for a bump. I've been busy myself and haven't really spent time going through things like I used to so I missed this thread. As far as stickys go, I'd suggest condensing them some. I did one sticky that's all about suspension and brakes and covers quite a few of the posts so you don't have 5 or 6 stickys in one section. You only have 1 that has links to more than one post.;)

We are still waiting for a store to be added and a donation button also.

D