Please help... Ive been had by a forum member...

nastyvega

I purchased a 1987 T Top gn from matswtt about two months ago. He sold it to me for 3800 and 500 for the title. He said there was no title but one could be provided to me for a fee of 500. I promptly paid him 3800 for the car and 500 for the title. I would not have bought the car if I knew there was no title availble. Now he dosent return my calls, emails, and PM"s. WTF?????? I never screwed anyone over like this. The last time I talked to him he gave me a run arround about its taking longer than normal..... Thats after I called him from a unknown number(the only way he would pick up). If anyone has any suggestions please let me know what I should do. I have all posts and conversations saved incase this happened. I want the title or my money back. I now have no vehicle to drive and no money. Thanks Matt Swett, for making more unneeded stress in my life...... And he gives all buick guys a bad rep. I have delt with many people on this board and other buick boards and everyone helped me out when I needed it. Us buick guys need to stick together and help one another out. If anyone can help I greatly thank you!!

You are located where?
How do you buy an 87 GN for $3800?
How can you buy a car without the title?
Where is your bill of sale with the VIN number on it?

I would contact a lawyer. You need some legal advise here. 1. Do you have possesion of stolen property? You need to know this becuase it is a crime to have possesion of stolen property. 2. If the car is OK then you can be advised on how to obtain a title and collect the agreed upon $500 for the title. This will vary by location.

You may be learning the lesson of "if it's too good to be true it probably is."

Good Luck

Oh, man that sucks!:mad: Yes, you definetly need some legal advice. I would contact an attorney and get some advice and proceed from there.

i know the car isnt stolen. i will double check though. I know where he lives but im in NJ and he is in VA. The car needs work, thats why it was 3800. It was on this forum for a while. It was the car that needed doors and a hood. I hope he will resolve this once he sees the post. I just want the title so I can start working on it. His nase on here is matswtt. His name is Matt Sweet. So if i cant get a title the car is useless to me. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!

file for an abandon title, in Az the bond is 100 bucks. Thats what he might be doing to get his title to give to you. I know this can be a lengthy process, after all its DMV! Good luck!

I moved this thread to the lounge...

Are you two in the same state?

If so I would contact your local DMV agent. I am sure he would love to here about this:eek: