Plattsburgh, NY

maybe vermont which is a hop and a skip away will meet your needs better:rolleyes:

Napierville has come a long way. CPAC have you not noticed how many changes the Track has made.. New Launch Pad. New 1/4 Mile Track. Bigger Stands. We have the luxury of having 2 Tracks close. So they have to compete to have Customers...:biggrin:

It is out West, but not wild!, If you try to rob some here or break into their
homes you probably will be not well received, other than catching a little lead.
Might have something to why the crime rate is kinda of low.

Ron

86GN, you say you need a permit for a hand gun, is that a permit to carry one, or just to own one in your own home?? Here in Id. if you want a hand gun and not a felon or anything of the like the gun dealer makes a phone call,
and if all is OK it takes about 5 minutes and you now own a pistol, but you do need a license to carry a concealed weapon here in Id. but if in plain sight it is not a problem, also you can have loaded rifles and shotguns in your vehicle
at all times hidden or not and it is not a crime.

Ron

You need a permit to own a pistol. It is $115 to apply for the permit and is non refundable even if they deny you the permit. Need a concealed carry permit to carry it on you. Definately can't have a loaded rifle or shotgun in vehicle.

maybe vermont which is a hop and a skip away will meet your needs better:rolleyes:

Yep Vermont is very lax on guns. Can have all you want and carry them with you with no problems. It is also dead butt georgeous in the Green Mts. but like NY winters are coooooooooold.

It is out West, but not wild!, If you try to rob some here or break into their
homes you probably will be not well received, other than catching a little lead.
Might have something to why the crime rate is kinda of low.

Ron

Ah, the way it should be. Once you get north of Albany NY the crime rate is very low. That was one of the reasons I came back to NY. I lived in NC for 12yrs and the crime rate was astronomical compared to what I was used to in the Adirondacks.

Is it Vermont's motto on their license plates that says live free or die?? Also I bet that they also have a low crime rate in Vermont too!

Ron

That's New Hampshire's motto. I enjoy the Plattsburgh area when there is no snow. I'm getting too old for it, and am selling off my sleds. The lake is beautiful, the drag strip is 35 minutes away, and we have a circle track also. Plenty of things to do, and if you like to ski or snowmobile that will be a plus. Taxes in my town ( Altona ) are lower than surrounding towns in the area, and I'm 10 minutes from Plattsburgh. We have a great street/cruise scene here also. We are 45 minutes from Montreal, Quebec, 2hrs 15min from Albany, NY., and 4hr 30min from Cotton's. Any other questions, please let me know. Brian

Can't add much, although my grandfather grew up in Plattsburgh... in the 1890s. And I like that part of the country too 'cept the winter, don't want any part of that.

While we're on the subject on handguns, I just received my Concealed Handgun License (CHL) last week.

Art