Places to mount Scanmaster

87gninpa

Has anyone come up with any interesting mounting solutions for a Scanmaster yet? Not really liking it on top of the radio pod. Dont really want to put it on the top of the dash either. Basically, has anyone put it anywhere that it wont destroy your dash or has a way to mount it that doesnt require double-sided tape or velcro to the dash?

Mounted mine on top of the steering column, only gauge I have that doesn't look stock original.

Mounted mine on top of the steering column, only gauge I have that doesn't look stock original.

I would like all of mine to look original, but unfortunately there doesnt seem to be a good place to hide the scanmaster

Here's what I did.....GNS performance sells the tach brackets for $21.

I then purchased a PLX M300 off eBay. It came with the mount that you see.

So I mounted the mount to the tack bracket and installed the PLX on top of it and the Scanmaster on top of that. This allows me to monitor knock while monitoring the wideband reading.

However the PLX was $265. But an alternative is to take the GNS bracket and make a 90 degree shelf and weld it to the existing aluminum. Then sit the Scanmaster on that.

The bottom pic shows how the GNS bracket comes out of the dash and how I have the PLX mount attached to it.

Attachments

• PLX 004.jpg
    PLX 004.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 814
  • PLX 005.jpg
    PLX 005.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 793
  • PLX 001.jpg
    PLX 001.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 808
I did this a while back in my old cars. Don't have any pics. Since I had multiple Turbo Buicks I did not want to permanently mount my Scanmaster. I used a cigarette lighter plug for power. I had an extra obd plug....can't remember how I got it.....don't really need it....just made it super simple to plug and unplug it. All my cars had loop style dash covers. I put the hook side Velcro on the bottom of the scanmaster and viola....I could mount it any place I wanted.

Has anyone come up with any interesting mounting solutions for a Scanmaster yet? Not really liking it on top of the radio pod. Dont really want to put it on the top of the dash either. Basically, has anyone put it anywhere that it wont destroy your dash or has a way to mount it that doesnt require double-sided tape or velcro to the dash?

Here are some photos of were I place my ScanMaster. I guess if I need some info I could recall the information, or pre-select my option.

Attachments

• ScanMaster 1.jpg
    ScanMaster 1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 823
  • ScanMaster 2.jpg
    ScanMaster 2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 810
  • ScanMaster 3.jpg
    ScanMaster 3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 761
What info are you talking about that you need to see while driving. I though that what the recall buttom is for.

Me.....Some times I like to have it on MPH, CLT, Volts. Maybe it's just me....I like to use it if I paid for it. The recall only shows you knock. Looks clean and out of the way. To each his own.

What info are you talking about that you need to see while driving. I though that what the recall buttom is for.

All the recall button does is show you what you were reading in terms of 02 millivolts and kr if you happen to have the pedal at a certain spot to the floor. Otherwise it doesn't record. IIRC I believe it's not until the tps reads like 3 volts or so.

In all reality, the Scanmaster you want eye level so if you're getting into it and if a number on the KR side starts getting bigger and bigger you can get out of it.

Also having it eye level makes it easy to see on the fly all the other pertinent info when you want to.

Here are some photos of were I place my ScanMaster. I guess if I need some info I could recall the information, or pre-select my option.

Clean mount, baaad location. I got mine right on top the dash up against the A pillar. Easy to see, especially when I'm in the rt lane at the track.

I made a bracket that suction cups to the windshield to mount my scanmaster. I also put an electrical connector on the end so I can remove it easily if I want. I can take some pics. Let me know.

Craig

I made a bracket that suction cups to the windshield to mount my scanmaster. I also put an electrical connector on the end so I can remove it easily if I want. I can take some pics. Let me know.

Craig

I tried this but used sticky back velcro to attatch the scan master to the bracket. It didn't work out so well in the summer. The heat made the sticky part melt...sort of and the scan master would fall off the bracket.

I have the aluminum bracket bent around the Scanmaster. The friction of the bends holds the Scanmaster in place - no glue or velcro. I've tested it to 11.9 and it hasn't shot out of the bracket.

Craig

Pictures of the bracket I made.

Craig

Attachments

• ScanMaster 001.jpg
    ScanMaster 001.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 583
  • ScanMaster 005.jpg
    ScanMaster 005.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 582
You mean everyone doesn't sandwich it between the radio pod and main dash pod?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 567