Places to mount Scanmaster

here is a photo shop of what I have thought about having made for my car but cant make up my mind if I want to do it or not. we need to talk them in to making it in a round guage so it can be mounted in a pod in the car.
1244883179.jpg

Mounted mine above the radio. BFH made the plate for me.

Attachments

• P1211549.jpg
    P1211549.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 546
  • P5070143.jpg
    P5070143.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 542
here is a photo shop of what I have thought about having made for my car but cant make up my mind if I want to do it or not. we need to talk them in to making it in a round guage so it can be mounted in a pod in the car.
1244883179.jpg

Getting it done in a 2 1/16 gauge would be sweet

I made a bracket and its above the rear view mirror angled to the driver, super easy to read and most people dont even see it. It looks like its just floating there. I also hated the radio pod install, this works well for me as i also monitor coolant and other readings often

I made a bracket and its above the rear view mirror angled to the driver, super easy to read and most people dont even see it. It looks like its just floating there. I also hated the radio pod install, this works well for me as i also monitor coolant and other readings often

Have any pictures of that? Sounds pretty cool

dont know how to attach pic's off the computer to this, I took some, I can e-mail to you???

I like yours thats pretty cool i think ill do one similar i just got a scanmaster myself...

X2
Did you have to undo the trim or just tuck the wires behind the trim? What is up there to secure the mount to??

I think the radio pod is the most accessible. Its hard to reach up on top of the dash cluster with a gauge pod on the A-pillar IMO.

Mounted mine above the radio. BFH made the plate for me.

I'm considering this approack with the boost control beside it. How easy/hard is it to read at 100+mph?

I'm also considering left side on top of dash per Hyperv6.

I mounted mine above the radio as well along with the alky controller. I know it would be better more in the line of vision but I just don't like exposed wires or for things to look added on. This was the best solution I came up with.

IMG_2677.jpg

Brady Would you mind posting pics of the bracket used.

Hard to get a pic of it, i just took a piece of sheet metal and through trial and error bent it to give me the correct angle, then slid it up under the top windshield trim, put one small screw to hold it, then siliconed it to the top of the SM and held it with duct tape til the silicone set up. Works great, very easy to see at speed and very solid to push the buttons, even on the move to hit the recall features.

You want it in your line of vision.:)

X2 No wonder we have so many broken cars around here...
I'm considering this approack with the boost control beside it. How easy/hard is it to read at 100+mph?

I'm also considering left side on top of dash per Hyperv6.

Good place! At 100+ mph, there is no time to be looking to the side, down, or in between your legs LOL!
Creative locations though!:D

Here's mine

Here are pictures of where I mounted mine last week and the bracket I made. Thanks Brady for the inspiration.:cool:

I pulled the metal trim off at the top of the windshield and drilled two small holes for sheet metal screws to mount to the roof

Attachments

• IMG00285-20100716-1720.jpg
    IMG00285-20100716-1720.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG00281-20100716-1208.jpg
    IMG00281-20100716-1208.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 255