PL + Maf Gen 2 + Extreme G spark adv

granatl

TRCM Author
I'm not clear if the WOT Spark Adv. Window on the Gen-II Translator shows in the PowerLogger or not.
When I look at WOT in PL, I see 19.8 degrees. But, I have the following set in the Gen II (and am running an Exentder Extreme Rev G)
(I run E-85, so don't freak out)
Spark Adv @wot (Trig)
2000: 31.0
2500: 31.0
3000: 28.5
3500: 28.5
4000: 28.5
4500: 27.0
5000: 26.5
5500: 26.5
6000: 26.0
6500: 25.0

Min TPS: 1.5
Max TPS: 5.0
Min Aux: 1.7
Max Aux: 4.5
Min RPM: 2176
Max RPM: 6560
Delay Time: 0.5

MAF Output: GN Ext/Pro
V-Out1 Mode: Spark Control
V-Out2 Mode: AFR Corectn (I output the narrowband from my LM-1 in order to do the A/F Tracking)

(and if I change the other WOT Spark, it has no affect either). What am I missing? PowerLogger Dat file is uploaded

Attachments

• map2.dat
    665.6 KB · Views: 51
the ECM is not getting the spark advance signal. how is the Gen-2 installed in the car (plug-and-play or direct wire)?

the brown wire from the Gen-2 connects to the air temp sensor input on the ECM to tell it what spark to run at WOT.

Bob

the ECM is not getting the spark advance signal. how is the Gen-2 installed in the car (plug-and-play or direct wire)?

the brown wire from the Gen-2 connects to the air temp sensor input on the ECM to tell it what spark to run at WOT.

Bob
Direct wire with the T-taps. I've confirmed that that the Gen-2 main connector brown wire connects to the ECM C11 tan wire. It then dawned on me that I probably shouldn't have the IAT connected to my 85mm MAF, so I unplugged that. No change. I then changed the Min Aux to 0.0 and the Max Aux to 5.0, and no difference there either. [The brown wire from the Aux connector isn't connected to anything]

measure the voltage on the brown wire. it should change with your WOT spark timing settings.

If it is not changing, your Gen2 may need to be repaired.

Bob

v out 2 set to afr correction would be used to send signal to powerlogger for viewing/logging wot correction.

Last edited:
Solid 5.01 volts on the main connector brown wire. This isn't the aux brown wire is it?

OK. I'm using the correct wire, but something must be wrong with my Gen-2. How/where do I send it in for servicing?

Are you checking it at the 10 pin connector?

Just for the heck of it, disconnect the wire from the iat circuit and get another reading.

Yes, 10-pin. I snipped the IAT wire last evening BEFORE I put the volt meter on the Gen-2 connector. So, my brown wire is going straight to the tan wire into the ECM.

I had my v-out 1 and v-out 2 backwards (as you can see in my original post). Now that I've interchanged them, things are working fine!