PL keeps disconnecting.

brian b

I have Windows Vista. PL will connect and read/record properly....but it keeps disconnecting. I have to close the PL program, unplug the USB cable then reconnect the USB cable open the program back up and it will then connect....sometimes after a few tries but it will eventually disconnect again.

Has anyone had this problem and figured out how to fix it?

I have Windows Vista. PL will connect and read/record properly....but it keeps disconnecting. I have to close the PL program, unplug the USB cable then reconnect the USB cable open the program back up and it will then connect....sometimes after a few tries but it will eventually disconnect again.

Has anyone had this problem and figured out how to fix it?

Mystery solved...bad USB cable. Bought a new one at Best Buy for $25. No more disconnect.

Now...next question. I have a Innovate WBO2. The reading I get from the Innovate are leaner than the ones I'm getting from the PL. Which ones should I trust?

I have an Innovate gauge. The PL readings seem to change faster than the gauge, is the gauge just slower thus showing the AFR a few milliseconds behind behind the PL?

its hard to look at 2 things at once that are changing rapidly.

try comparing them after you shut the car off. where is the LC1 grounded?

Bob

Ok...so I solved another mystery. The reason my LC-1 gauge and my PL was reading different was because I had a weak computer ground. NOT because I had a weak LC-1 ground like I thought. Both numbers match up now. OH happy day!!!

Brian B